Hi everyone

Ironleg

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2020
Just a quickish hello, I've just bought my first e-bike after recently being diagnosed as Type2 diabetic.
I have a Cannondale mtb, which was bought 5 years ago but haven't really got on with as the frame is too big. Impulse Gumtree purchase and has sat in the garage with very little use.
Initial thought was to convert this but I would still have the comfort/size issue, so started searching local dealers and online for an e-bike, and found that there's not many around at the moment. So I found a Cube Kathmandu 625 2020 54cm model from a dealer online selling them off reduced, but I just missed out on the frame size I need, but as they'd just got delivery of the 2021 model and surprisingly offered me that for the same reduced price. It arrives tomorrow so rather exited.
Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know you and apologise now for any possibly dumb newbie questions I might post going forward...........( I will forum search first of course, honest) ;)
Dave

Lotus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Dave, can I ask where did you buy your bike from, as im also looking for a e-mtb however my budget isn't as nice as I would like however I might be able to stretch to 1500 with the wife's permission.

Thanks Haldon

Ironleg

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2020
Hi Dave, can I ask where did you buy your bike from, as im also looking for a e-mtb however my budget isn't as nice as I would like however I might be able to stretch to 1500 with the wife's permission.

Thanks Haldon
Hi, I struck a deal through Freeborn in Sussex over the phone. Bikes are still in very short supply though apparently .

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020

Thanks Haldon
I bought my Oxygen S Cross MTB from here (they were offering 10% discount too! (Discount
Code = NEW10) Mine has the 16ah battery, and with discount it was a shade under £1500 https://www.allaboutshopping.co.uk/products/oxygen-s-cross-mtb-mkii-electric-mountain-bike-2020-model

Last edited:

Lotus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2020
Thanks and what do you think of the bike Hovlev2, 16ah battery is it good on hills, looks a nice bike like just the weight that gets me, I still like the ezego Trail destroyer mtb

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Very pleased with the bike, it doesn't feel heavy to me, but feels well balanced. Performance on hills is good, no problems at all. I've found the 15.5mph limit, and lack of throttle a bit limiting (but obviously a legal requirement). However, I'm sorting out those particular issues as we speak....