Hi from Herts

berkobennie

Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2012
Berkhamsted, Herts
Hi from Hertfordshire,
I've been lurking on here for some time, thought it was time to introduce. Like a few on here, knees were wrecked by contact sports and arthritis. Two knee replacements later and pedelecs have enabled a more active lifestyle again, exploring tracks and trails of Chilterns, Ridgeway, Herts, Beds, Bucks and Oxon, with occasional expeditions to Surrey, Sussex, and the New Forest. My first Pedelec suffered an untimely end involving a rickety wooden bridge and a ford, (river type!), unfortunately water got where it shouldna! Motor sounded very angry before the end came -at least I've got some spare parts to start tinkering with!

Bit the bullet and had a Falco HX-MT-250 FS fitted to my old Specialized Hardrock, by Mark Higgon at Hybrid ebikes. I have to say they provide a superb service, Bob Sproat, Operations manager, fitted the kit including the wheel building. He has a long history as a professional cycle mechanic, and a bit of a perfectionist, gears were set up the best they have ever been.

I've been really impressed by the kit, it is so quiet and really gives a progressive assist on the short sharp hills of the Chilterns. The torque sensor works really well, a gradual feed in of assist, with an instant shut off, so no need for brake switches. The absence of additional cables over the frame is a bonus when cleaning the bike, especially with the gloop that goes for bridleways at the moment. Been enjoying the posts on UK off-road section, though don't think I'm fit enough yet for some of those trails.... just have to keep practicing won't I ?

Attachments

Reactions: jackhandy