Hi from Hilly Gloucestershire

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
loads have them in germany looks like rolling round with half the contents of there house lol :eek:

OldPhot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2015
Hi we had a great time in the Forest of Dean, as we were unloading our bikes three guys on HAIBikes arrived back to their van, turned out it was EMTBcoaching returning from a electric bike demo, Alex Smith who set up & runs the coaching then let us have a quick go on the demo HAIBike, which was amazing (our first ever go on an electric bike) the bike felt like it came alive under me & then the push on my back as it responded to my pedalling. We both came away very impressed. it confirmed all the things I have been reading about, shame they cost £3699..!
So now want to try other bikes that use the Bafang & hub kits and see they compare etc.
We plan to go back next weekend to FOD again, as my Cannondale is in their workshop to have new pivots fitted.

Attachments

OldPhot

Aug 14, 2015
WTF!!

Buy a FS e-mtb, then turn it into a shopping bike!

The fact that the owner is 70+ & commutes all week & then ride outs on the Alps at the weekend was the most impressive bit..I think the rear bag was for his sandwiches!

Reactions: EddiePJ

OldPhot

Aug 14, 2015
View attachment 12113 The Cannondale looks to good to cannibalise and may me better to sell and buy another decent one as d8veh has linked to, I myself got a nice Cube AMS off Fleabay.
The Cube looks fab, what's it like on steep hills & what mileage do you get? Where did you get your conversion kit from?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: OldPhot

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so far got all my parts from germany as it a lot cheaper ;)

its also the only place to get a out of warranty motor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
email them im sure they will help you out as we are in the eu.;)

not like its a small shop either ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Cube looks fab, what's it like on steep hills & what mileage do you get? Where did you get your conversion kit from?
The kit is the 18a BBS from Woosh which has very good torque, copes with all off road inclines/hills I come across the only road use it gets is getting to a to b etc. Mileage wise 30 offroad. I did have the kit on a 700c hybrid and felt it was wasted on that however it coped with every thing on the road I came across but W.Sx isn't noted for being hilly unless you head to the downs.