Hi from Kirkcaldy

Bill W

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2014
I have had my Synergie from Alien Ocean for 2 years now. Sadly Alien Ocean closed about 9 months after I bought mine. I have to say that on the whole it is a great bike if you don't intend going up too steep hills. I had to stop cycling for a few years as I got COPD and my breathing system is only running on 25 percent so I am sure you could imagine my predicament. Loved cycling but couldn't - I more or less lived on my bike. Anyway I stray a little of the main point here. I found very quickly that I was stumped to get up hills with only 7 gears, why they don't build with 21 gears I have no clue, or maybe I should have asked. To sort my problem I had to tinker a little bit and add a triple to the front, with a new derrailler and gear lever, oh and changed to butterfly bars for more comfort. Bike runs a dream now, although heavy to lift. I am thinking of selling possibly as I am moving house and into a flat. My next step is probably a fold up bike I can hop on and off the bus with as I am giving up my mobility car as well. Although I still need a folder that can climb and have pas and throttle. Any thoughts on this appreciated.
Bill

C

Cyclezee

Hi Bill,

How are things in the Lang Toun?

I guess you won't riding up Dunnikier Road then, I used to walk up it everyday when I worked at the Victoria Hospital, but that was quite a few years ago now.

Bill W

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Hi Bill,

How are things in the Lang Toun?

I guess you won't riding up Dunnikier Road then, I used to walk up it everyday when I worked at the Victoria Hospital, but that was quite a few years ago now.
Hi,
Things are no too bad here, Dunnikier Road, The Path and Glamis Road are the ones I have to avoid, even with 21 speed, it's more my lung problem though. Used to manage them before, about 15 years ago when I was cycling everywhere. Although saying that I managed up to Lochgelly up the back road and done to Burntisland up the Binn road, but forgot to charge up the night before and conked out on Links Street, had to walk up to the back of the hospital to home , quite a trek that was.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Haw man, I used tae race ma motorbike in yon Beveridge Park a lang while bye. Thae Lang Toun lads could fair go their bevvy. If ye fancy a run through tae the west ye can hae a wee go on ma foldin Kuo an see if it suits.