Hi from Staffordshire

Gdread

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
Staffordshire
Mostly lurking at the moment, usual issues kit or bike, uk or china etc.

Almost at the half century with a weak knee! Short commute - fast downhill there but uphill back also have the chance of an off road route as well.

Some very useful posts on the forum and very helpful advice.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hello; Lurk no more! Can only suggest you try as many ebikes as you can lay your feet on! Lots of choice: depends how much you have to spend (remember to allow for battery replacement), a helpful dealer is worth a golden egg, as is the silly grin on an ebikers face as she/he free-wheels uphill!
Happy hunting,
Tom

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Gdread...good you have stopped lurking lol

Regarding battery replacement there are many members on here who have had a lot more than 2 years battery life. One on one of my bikes is still going strong after 3 years and I believe others have had longer.

Lynda :)

Gdread

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Gdread...good you have stopped lurking lol

Regarding battery replacement there are many members on here who have had a lot more than 2 years battery life. One on one of my bikes is still going strong after 3 years and I believe others have had longer.

Lynda :)

Battery is still going strong three years later!

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Mostly lurking at the moment, usual issues kit or bike, uk or china etc.

Almost at the half century with a weak knee! Short commute - fast downhill there but uphill back also have the chance of an off road route as well.

Some very useful posts on the forum and very helpful advice.
hi i have sent you a message

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Gdread,SAM_0866.JPG
I still enjoy a petrol powered off road experience! I have not managed to persuade any of my motorcycle mates to give e-mountain biking a try yet but I will keep plugging away.

I would say the purpose built mountain bike offerings from the likes of KTM Bosch crank & Panasonic hub, Bosch/Yamaha Haibike and as a curve ball the rear hub motor Oxygen Mountain bike all look good. I bought my Haibike sDuro from a shop that was close to me and that has proved very useful when you need help.

Ride as many as you can before you make up your mind. Although crank bikes are very much in vogue at the moment and very good a rear hub motor can be more relaxing and kinder to any injured knees.

After 7 months and 1600 miles I have so far seen no noticeable degradation in my battery. I look after my battery by bringing it into the house after every ride and charging it if I am going to use the bike the next day. If I am not going to use the bike for a number of days it will have over 50% remaining after my ride home from work and I store it without topping it back up in a warm dry cupboard and then charge it up again on the day I next ride.

Researching bikes before you buy is good fun and can take over your life!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gdread

Gdread

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
Staffordshire
Nice Triumph georgehenry! The only four stroke I've ridden off road was Honda TL125. I'm sticking with my GBK kit for now, it's lasted three years so far. I'd be tempted with a rear hub next time thought