Hi, I am a vintage cyclist and have recently purchased my first ebike conversion (Used).

Ross McCallum

Just Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Scotland
I have an ebike front wheel drive conversion fitted with Bafung 8Fun Motor model SWXK 36v250w 185R. The other number on the motor housing is 110870715. After using it on some steep hills it seems I may have stressed and over-heated the motor which is now cutting in and out every few seconds when riding along on the level. I have had the battery and the motor checked and both are ok so I think the problem may lie with the controller. Do you know where I can source a replacement? I am based in Scotland. Thanks.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Try Panda bikes, they keep spares and are in the UK. Take the details off your existing unit. It should be easy enough to match this as the motor is widely used. Controllers are cheap and a spare never goes wrong.

Reactions: gray198

Ross McCallum

Just Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Scotland
Try Panda bikes, they keep spares and are in the UK. Take the details off your existing unit. It should be easy enough to match this as the motor is widely used. Controllers are cheap and a spare never goes wrong.
Thanks, that's very helpful advice. I'll try Panda Bikes as you suggest.