Hi I am from the northeast and researching which Ebike to buy ...

Peter56

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 30, 2013
I have decided to buy an Ebike while recuperating from abdominal surgery ,
After checking a lot of the Ebike sites I don't seem to be getting any further forward,

Basically all I am looking for is an Ebike that can get me up most of the many hills
Within the North Yorkshire Dales & Lake District ..
The kalkhoff connect pro x27 seem ok though I shall need to have a test ride
Before pulling that kind of money out , if any of the more experienced people
From the Ebike brigaid could point me in the right direction It would be
Greatly appreciated
Cheers Peter56

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Peter and welcome.
You really need to get out and try as many different types as you can as whats great for one person isnt necessarily great for the next.
Its a very personal thing finding your ideal bike.
With plenty hills around I would suggest you look at the Tonaros and certainly the Ezee bikes which are unrivalled for hill climbing ability, but then, as I said....you might prefer something totally different.
Enjoy your research anyway and have fun :cool:

Lynda :)

Peter56

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks for the tips Lynda I shall take them on board
And start checking out the nearest outlets

Though I expect to have to do some miles to find just what I'd like . :)

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I think for the very hilly areas you mention you may find a crank drive bike more suitable than a hub motor, as they benefit from gear reduction on the very steep hills. I've recently tested the Bosch bikes and Tonaro bikes back to back and found the Bosch equipped bikes climbed a very steep 15% hill twice as fast as the Tonaro and with less effort from me. All that being said, the Tonaro is much cheaper, but definitely test ride both. The Electric Cycle Centre in Penrith sell both, and Pete there is very good with test rides.