Help! Hi, I'm Kelliana from London

Kelliana

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 20, 2021
London
Hi, I have joined this forum to gen up on ebikes as I have finally decided to take the plunge and buy one. At the moment I am looking to get myself to the DLR station which is about 4 miles but has a v big hill on the way home which I used to be able to get up on my road bike but cannot on the Brompton. On the other side of the DLR, I have a 2.2 mile cycle on the flat.
When the Crossrail finally opens, I will be able to get to the station 1.5 miles away (downhill) and then have a 2 mile journey to work on the flat.

Sometimes with work I have to travel between surgeries and these are usually short distances and on the flat as well.

I am small so I am looking for a light, foldable ebike. Currently I am looking at the Kudos K16. I am not used to cycling without gears so I am a bit concerned about that. Not worried about the small wheels as used to the Brompton. Will be looking to fit some mudguards and swap my lights between other bikes. I saw on here that Kudos is unlikely to be getting more bikes, maybe they will see this post. Will the batteries be easily replaceable in the future?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Best wishes, Kelliana

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have a Brommy how about a conversion, the good folks at Woosh do a conversion kit and will fit it for you in Southend.

Kelliana

Jun 20, 2021
London
If you have a Brommy how about a conversion, the good folks at Woosh do a conversion kit and will fit it for you in Southend.
I'd love to but I'm not allowed as it's not strictly speaking mine. I just use it while my partner is working from home. Already tried to persuade him.
I'll try again maybe it was the fitting it ourselves that worried him. Thanks for the info on Woosh.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we can fit the kit for you if you bring your Brompton to Southend.
It will take about 1 and a half hour.
The motor wheel is made to be a drop in replacement for the Brompton front wheel.
Fitting is quite straightforward, you can download the fitting instructions here:

Kelliana

Jun 20, 2021
London
we can fit the kit for you if you bring your Brompton to Southend.
It will take about 1 and a half hour.
The motor wheel is made to be a drop in replacement for the Brompton front wheel.
Fitting is quite straightforward, you can download the fitting instructions here:
Thank you. I have had another crack at the whip and persuaded my partner that there is no drilling or anything scary involved. I think I will give you (Woosh) a ring tomorrow.

Reactions: Poolepete

Kelliana

Jun 20, 2021
London
I've been researching A LOT. I'm struggling to get a handle on quite a lot of it... Do you think a kit like the Woosh Brompton kit can get me up the hill below?
I will also ring woosh customer service again, I gave them a go last week.
Many thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20210625-214654.png

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if you want to enquire about kits, email kits@wooshbikes.co.uk and include your phone number - don't ring.
Andy will ring you if he needs information about your bike.

Reactions: Kelliana

Kelliana

Jun 20, 2021
London
if you want to enquire about kits, email kits@wooshbikes.co.uk and include your phone number - don't ring.
Andy will ring you if he needs information about your bike.
Oh thank you that's great. Will do. I also sent an email through the website on Fri but it said "no spam please" after and I wasn't sure if it went through.