How far do you commute?

How far do you commute by electric bike (round trip)?

• < 5 miles

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • 5 - 10 miles

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • 10 - 15 miles

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • 15 - 20 miles

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • 20 - 30 miles

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • 30 - 40 miles

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • 40 - 50 miles

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • > 50 miles

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

CheKmx

Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2008
Zurich
If you commute by electric bike how far do you go round trip? My previous commute was 10 miles but that's upped to 34 Miles now.

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
37 miles

Having spent years driving to and from the office covering 20 miles each way I planned earlier this year to switch to using an ebike and beleived I would be covering 200 miles a week doing just that.

Reality has been a little different;

First I managed to find a "quieter" route which actually worked out a little shorter at only 18.5 miles.

Second - I had not factored in how many days I dont actually go to the office, how often I link my office commute to other journeys further afield, how often I need to carry equipment from a to b, and the occasions I need to take passengers. I have now managed to get a better grip on this and am generally averaging 3 or 4 days a week ebike commuting and use the car 1 day if necessary. Hoping to sell off one of the cars in a bit as car miles have seriously dropped off in the last few weeks.

Tommorow I will pass the 2000 miles mark since March this year!

Loved every mile, including the few (surprisingly few) in the rain.

All the best

Bob_about

DebbieAC1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2010
21 Miles

I do 21 miles round trip 5 days a week, and its quicker than getting the 2 buses I used to get as there is no waiting around,.

Sofaloafer

Just Joined
May 25, 2010
22 miles

North Finchley to Lambeth and back...down Highgate Hill in the morning and back up it in the evening...thank god for electricity and my Cytronex Capo Flatbar. I hope Boris starts resurfacing the bike lanes soon!

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Not really a commute as such, with an unwelcome association with work, but our favourite jaunt to Tatton Park (excellent cake shop ...) through the Cheshire lanes averages about 22 miles for the round trip. Journey back may take a little longer than the trip out - can't think why!
Tom.:(

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
30.8 miles. Route 23 Alton to/from basingstoke
I'm keeping a spreadsheet of all my trips!
Trrying to break 50 mins but that damn wind keeps blowing although this morning was pretty calm and I was close to my pb (50:42)
:)

dilus

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 28, 2010
Just a short trip from Barford to Warwick (8 miles round trip) two routes, 1 flat, 1 with three hills, decide which according to how hard a day I have had and if I need the shop on the way home :)
Manage 3 trips before re charging, might try a whole week as a test sometime.

Powabyke 6 speed Eurobike

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Mountsorrel to loughborough. 16 miles round trip, including a couple of reasonable hills!

Last edited:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I don't commute as such, as I run a business and work from home..but I do travel daily to the Post sorting office on my bike, which is about 5 miles round trip. Takes me about 25 minutes..but would be a lot longer without power!!

Sacko

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2011
Currently 21 mile round trip with various hill, but only ever done it un-assisted on my Trek 1.5 road bike.

Putting together another bike to get me past this hill ideally (pic shows the first part of it).

Giant XTC
Bafang 36v 500w
KU123
12s Lipo @ 44v 10ah

Advertisers