How Light do you ride.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Once I cross the hill at the back of my house there's no o2 phone reception, no idea if 999 or 112 would work...hence the PLB I use for sea kayaking.
Yes, I had one of those, but the coastguard helicopter guys got a bit fed up after the third time they had to rescue me from Bread and Cheese Hill and take me and my bike back to Basildon when I got a puncture.

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I'm about as well prepared as you Ballynose and Barrio and yep a spare magnet for sure.
I also carry first aid kit, being a nurse it's just something you have to do and aspirin 300 mg for those who may just be having a heart attack, life saving. Glucose tablets too for any diabetic I may come across. This all stems from riding long distance on horse-back and it'a amazing how much you learn to carry and how well you can pack it.

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Never thought of a handelbar bag, Steve... nice idea.

The 15Kg rucksack, has everything from water, spares, tools, clothing, food, lights etc etc, as I say I love going to the middle of nowhere in the Scottish Highlands, to where you feel there has been no one else there.

I'm sad.. ;)
Just right for up Glen Tilt and beyond I would guess from your home address.

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
I'm about as well prepared as you Ballynose and Barrio and yep a spare magnet for sure.
I also carry first aid kit, being a nurse it's just something you have to do and aspirin 300 mg for those who may just be having a heart attack, life saving. Glucose tablets too for any diabetic I may come across. This all stems from riding long distance on horse-back and it'a amazing how much you learn to carry and how well you can pack it.
My first aid kit was a big plaster which just about covered the puncture in my arm from a pointy rock when doing a slow header over the handlebars at Glenlivet trails. Since A&E put on a couple of stents I have been meaning to buy some for future trips!

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
;):)
Be prepared isn't that a moto for a boys brigade !!!

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
When I emptied out my Camleback H.A.W.G. I was surprised just how much I take! Most of it is small and stays in the bag all the time for both long and short runs and it is borne out of past experience.

Spare tube
multi tool
tyre pump
chain link
zip ties
emergency blanket
first aid kit
tyre levers
small bike lock
oil phial ( like a nose drops bottle but for oil!)
spare mech hanger
set spare brake pads
Chocolate
Energy gel sachet

Tom

Reactions: Dom T

Related Articles

Advertisers