How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm feeling much better after reading your altitude gain average Eddie

To the station and back is 1476.38 ft cumulative gain :D

OK OK it is on tar sealed road :rolleyes:

Reactions: EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
more like Easy Peasy... The most dangerous things are the Audis!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You aren't passing me too close and at high speed. You wouldn't because you ride a bike.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Anyway, it still soon gets dark so I decided to ask Mr A. Prime to bring me a new light. Ordered at 4.30 pm yesterday and it was delivered at 11 am today...
Also brung meNew lights 04.jpg New lights 01.jpg New lights 03.jpg a small frame bag that holds the battery , Spare Tube, tyre levers and my phone..
Light has 3 levels of brightness as well as the dodgy strobing.

Attachments

Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I'm feeling much better after reading your altitude gain average Eddie

To the station and back is 1476.38 ft cumulative gain :D

OK OK it is on tar sealed road :rolleyes:
Oddly that figure isn't so far away from this evenings ride figure.

Rather than waste the day, I had a walk this morning and set out the basics of a new one mile long trail, that cuts out another route that is chewed up by horses, and is almost unusable for eight months of the year.
The new route has plenty of scope to add additional sections along with small drops etc.

I then went out this evening to give it a couple of runs and the ride whilst short at 12.3 miles long, had an overall elevation gain of 1,495 ft

It looks quite a roller coaster ride from this.

Not much of clip, and ridden slower than I would have liked, but I was struggling to see where I had marked the route. It does speed up a little at the 2.10 point onwards. Hard to believe that the route is just about bang on one mile long. Once I have ridden it a few times and figured out and adjusted lines etc, there is quite good potential to lead off away from the track and take in a couple of bomb hole sections as a well. Odd how clips even as crap as this, don't highlight dips or as in the case of the last bank, any kind of steepness.

edit.. Just noticed that I got too close to the tree at the 2.17 point. :)

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I got to measure the first big climb the other day it is 3.8 km long with a couple of false flats on the way up. Will have to measure coming up the other side one day, it is much shorter so steeper.

Riding along the coastal road is a bit like what you show above, never a dull moment, up and down the whole way. Not to be ridden in winds over 20 km/h...

Having wallowed in mud mixed with manure for 18 1/2 years I even stay shy of gravel roads when I can (ah! those early cycling days gravel rash moments... 7 km of gravel between me and "civilisation"). Not my idea of fun. :eek:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
works for me?

Reactions: EddiePJ

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Certainly a lovely evening for a ride. :)

Not so good on my knees again though. :(
I only rode 13 miles and it wasn't exactly at break neck speed, as I was out researching a few potential new ride routes to make through woodland.

I also suspect that I am going to require a new battery sometime soon as well. 13 miles ridden in eco and tour, with an elevation gain of only 1,278' and from a full charge, only two bars were left remaining at the end of the ride. I've noticed for a while now that the mileage versus range has been going down, and from tonight's ride, things aren't overly promising.

Just buy one now, absolutely no point in waiting until you have to pedal. home 5 miles unassisted.. So SW will find you one at the best price possible and while he's at it I wouldn't mind one for my Sduro. I'm out in Gran Caneria at the moment sat on the balcony drinking wine and eating crisps. I pick up my rental 2016 Haibike Sduro allmtn rc tomorrow and should have a few comments and pictures to post shortly.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I'm a bit confused.

How is this thread under 'Speed pedelecs, non EAPCs and overseas?

It is none of those.

Perhaps the forum spring clean and furniture rearrangement is still a work in progress.

Advertisers