How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks Eddie.

I think one of the reasons my Rose has been so reliable is the nearest it gets to off-road is a well-made cycle path.

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i sent Bosch a email see if i can get 1 for free , never had a reply from them tho :rolleyes:

so 1 a day every day till i get 1 :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
martin can you give me a link as to what stem is on the dh pro bike as i cant get the screen over the 1 i have bought.

:(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i got it on there but not sure if its right got gaps between the stem and bars.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Is that a plastic bottle cap being used as a stem cap? :)

Just out of interest and no criticism, but why did you feel the need to replace the Haibike factory fitted stem?

Looks like the night rides using the Macina Lycan are on hold for bit. As I'm saving the e-Race for better ground conditions, it looks as though it's pedal power for the next week or so.

Now that I have the Reverb, I decided that I'd best get on with the service.

The poor old Space Shuttle hasn't been washed this week, so that was the first job.

Ten minutes or so gets things to this stage, with motor out, and now the fun can begin.

Jobs include deep cleaning, front forks out and headset bearings replaced, front forks serviced, rear shock removed and checked, rear swingarm and linkages removed and stripped, wheel bearings etc checked, gear cable changed as this has been playing up of late. Change the Nyon wires for Intuvia, fit the Reverb, swap the tyres around, strip the brake, change fluid and pads, fit a new rear disc, fit a new chain and front sprocket, fit anew saddle, then slowly piece the old girl back together again.

Last edited:
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
edd do i have them on right as same size as 1 i took off 31.8.

as tight as i can get the bolts and still a gap ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Is that a plastic bottle cap being used as a stem cap? :)

yes haibike 1 missing on most bike pics,i use super glue to put it back on lol.

Just out of interest and no criticism, but why did you feel the need to replace the Haibike factory fitted stem?

the 70mm is just a tad to long for my reach and im more comfortable with the dh 50mm just not sure if i fitted it right as got 3mm gap all round?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
b4 after shot.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
b carful u r writing in english again...

:D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i found some mud :( tho the new stem is alot better handling for me than the stock 1 so its staying on there.

my seat post needs bleeding as now going up very slow not sure why as hardly use it tho but simple enough not paying 75 quid to service it lol.

also my rear sus sounds like a mouse, edd do you service yours?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Good lad SW. :)

Good to see both you back on the bike again, and it being used off road. :)

Not sure why the seat post should be acting up, as that is the beauty of hydraulic over cable. It isn't going to be affected by moisture.

Possibly not the right thing to be using, but I suspect that if you just put a drop of chain lube on either side of the rear shock top bolt, that your suspension noise will fade away within seconds. The brake lever also looks in a very position?

But yep, striping the rear end down is on my list of jobs to be carried out. I didn't get much time today to play with the bike, but I really was shocked by where the powder fine sand that I have around here, had got on the bike. It's never been this bad before. When dry, the sand goes as fine as talcum powder, which is why I get through so many chains. Looking at the rust colour of the front mucky nutz mudguard today, I'm definitely in for a new headset as well. I've kind of been expecting this for the last couple weeks.

I also made a start on fitting the Reverb and Intuvia wiring, and if anyone ever asks if a Rockshox Reverb Stealth can be fitted to Macina Lycan, the answer is an easy yes. Despite my concerns that the hose routing might be too tight at the bottom bracket/motor area, it was effortless to fit, and the fitting was made even easier by the existing hole in the lower end of the seat post tube. In truth I ran it through twice, as I wasn't happy with things the first time, as I hadn't fitted a grommet to protect the hose. My conscience wouldn't allow me to leave without one, so out the hose came. As can be seen from the photo below, the bend is actually quite shallow and smooth.
I've swapped the wiring about several times now, but did something very stupid today. I was switching between working on the bike, and cooking outside, so my mind wasn't fully focussed on the job in hand. I removed the old wire, went off to check the cooking, and then threaded the old wire back down through the frame again! Only I could do something like that! :rolleyes:

And before anyone mentions it, yes I am going to clean the muck out. I'm toying with the idea of re routing the rear brake hose, and sensor wire, as I don't think that either were routed correctly from new, and it always make re fitting the motor, a tight squeeze. The cleaning will be done at that stage, when I alter the routing.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just watched this just make sure you leave enough hose to remove the seat post to bleed it. might be a tad hard with the motor on tho :(

mine might just need pumping up to 250 psi again but due a bleed anyway tbh and need get a shock pump asap.

will try some lube on the shock bolts :) mojo want 111 quid to service it + parts new 1 only 200 lol

as for brake levers i like them like that as most dh bikes have them pointing at the floor or singe finger levers.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Hoefully all be well and good, and I won't have to bleed it. I was quite impressed by the quick release fittings though. :)

YouTube has some very informative clips about Reverb. :)

Ref the shock, I've only done that once whilst out on a ride, and just one little drop of dry lube, was enough to silence things. If you happen to remove it at all, graphite powder is also very good, and does not attract dust and dirt.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
was same on my old bike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers