How often do you clean your bike ?

How often do you clean your bike?

• Total voters

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
How often do you folks clean your electric bikes, especially with winter aroudn the corner and the usual grit and grime on the roads ?

I try to clean it at least once a week with a clean cloth and a can of foam cleaner.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I usually try and give the bike a thorough clean on a Sunday (kids permitting!) , some more lube on the chain etc. (Flecc - did you find a solution to your problem in AtoB 56 ?)

If it has rained heavily I usually give the bike a quick wipe down to prevent any water seeping in anywhere it shouldn't!

aroncox

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2006
I've had mine a few months and have cleaned it once so far. I suspect it's going to be a summer thing for me as I don;t want to go out in the cold and clean my bike.

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
How often do I clean my bike?

Not often but then I don't ride it that much in this inclement weather. Living in the countryside, I can deliver all sorts of farmyard manure that collects under the botton bracket this time of the year:(
Peter

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Hi
had my torq a couple of weeks and prior to that a giant twist i would try to clean everyday if needed if bike got wet then would always dry off everytime the way i see it is these bikes cost enough to buy new:eek: i would normally use a bike cleaning fluid and damp cloth. NIGEL