Hub Drive or Crank Drive?..

• Crank Drive

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Hub Drive

Votes: 36 39.1%

• Total voters
C

Cyclezee

There may be 7000 users registered, but how many actually contribute to the forum?

A couple of dozen regular posters & occasional new members who pass through fleetingly & don't post again once they have the advice sought.
Once bitten, twice shy:p

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Well until now could not vote as I mainly read forum on Tapatalk and unless I'm missing something it does not let you vote in polls.

Personally prefer hubs but I reserve the right to change my mind :)

Last edited:

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Voted for hubs on the basis they are normally cheaper and they do the job for me.

Last edited:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Hi guys,

What do you own?
Hub drive or crank drive? GO!

Feel free to comment too.
Which do you prefer?
Does one work better for you?

Regards
Martin
I clicked on Hub as I thought it was a survey rather than a vote for which is better.
I've only used a front hub so better discount my selection as I can't comment on which is best.:eek:

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
The poll is badly worded as its not clear if he wants to know what you have or what you think is best.

Judging from the number of replies not many are bothered either way.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Perhaps it would have been better as two threads. One, the poll on "what do you own", not inviting comment.

The other asking which type pedelecers preferred, and why.

Isn't hindsight wonderful. :)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I am surprised to see how close it is in view of the preponderance of hubs out there.
As flecc has said there are far more Hubs owners in the real world but on here among active members I reckon the result is about what I expected. Most forums for any activity always give a enthusiasts view of reality as the general got one and just use it owners never bother to join in.

sent by pigeon post

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I looked into my crystal ball and the future is definitely a Bosch the size of an orange driving a carbon polymer propshaft

Last edited:

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
The poll is badly worded as its not clear if he wants to know what you have or what you think is best.

Judging from the number of replies not many are bothered either way.
Yes I could have been more clear, sorry. The first question is 'What do you own?'
I also wanted to know why, hence writing the further questions to gain some feedback.

Anyway seems to have done the trick. Good to read through some of the feedback here. Obviously there are more hub drives out theres so was expecting more people to vote hub drive.

Thanks to all those who have voted and I appreciate your positive comments.

Regards
Martin

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I keep seeing new posts on here but cant access any past the 7th. What's going on?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I think every time someone votes, the thread goes to the top of the list. Even though no new post has been posted.
Thank's for that, it makes sense now you have explained.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, same for all the pedelecs poll threads, each new vote pops them up as if a post has been made.

Advertisers