I could have cried, not for EddiePJ

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Hijack away, just be careful not to knock either of your exposed bearings, almost as painful as when your foot slips off the pedal !

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I am sure it started because the bike was washed for the first time. From now on I am just going to oil the chain.

In full withdrawal, on holiday and second day without bike, took it to LBS as the gears are not right and I am not brave enough to follow soundwaves advice.

I did pull my shoulders back when he said " you've given that a good knock".
Had to wash the bike a flippin second time, because, " you can't take it in looking like that".

Cleaned bike twice in two weeks! Leaf blower is a good tip though.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Fixed for £ 24 !

Oiled and given test ride powered and no power !

The right crank was tightened and a general check over.

I was reminded of the discussion between d8veh, Steve and Eddie about if ebikes need regular maintenance. If I had not taken the bike in for repair what damage would have been done by a loosening crank?

The result is every six months I will take my bike in for maintenance.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The crank moves on the fitting causing fretting ( little bits of metal flaking off) the damage gets worse and crank interface becomes loose and requires replacement.

• Useful
Reactions: IR772

slevin27

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 20, 2016
leeds

i bet one of them covers will fit as it is not that much different when you look at it like that the bearings on both are the same size its just the angle it sweeps in at and its only rubber anyway.
I'm going to order one of the guards to try based on the fact that my current solution to chainslap looks a right bodge (see pic) - I'd been looking for something like this for my E-Genius 720 before the bearing issue was exposed to me

Attachments

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

Related Articles

Advertisers