I see your cheating then!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
About a year ago some one said ,ere have a go on that,that being an electrick mtb .Oh go on then thinking it would be a gimick.Well i only went 50 yards and that was all i needed bloody brilliant i want one i thought.
A few years back when encountering a trio of teenagers outside Sainsburys and one expressed interest in my e-bike, I let all three in turn take it for a ride while I chatted with the others. They all loved the power assist, uttering the usual teenage expression of approval, Wicked.

The next time I saw them months later was when they slowed down alongside me to greet me when I was riding my e-bike, all three riding their own mopeds!

So it can have the wrong results. :(

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
but they`re really the same thing in this part of the UK don`t you know flecc...:(
Yes, sadly. Of course for decades that was true in the UK too, bikes with assist motors getting even worse treatment, such as their cyclists needing a full motorcycle licence valid for any size of motorbike and the bikes subject to VED (road tax). My father had to run about with L plates on his registered, taxed and insured new assisted bike and later take the motorcycle test. Since I was in the motorcycle trade at the time I had the licence to ride them. Just consider the problems of attaching a full size rear number plate while also clearly showing a rear L plate on a bike. The one relief is that there weren't any consumer crash helmets on the market.

That was from the end of WW2 , lasting until the EAPC regulations for assisted bikes was introduced in 1983, effectively after 38 years of being treated the same as the most powerful motorcycles. At least we had 28 years to 1973 to ruffle our hairstyles before helmets became compulsory.

• Informative

russmcp

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 6, 2016
Surrey
About a year ago some one said ,ere have a go on that,that being an electrick mtb .Oh go on then thinking it would be a gimick.Well i only went 50 yards and that was all i needed bloody brilliant i want one i thought.A year later 1000 miles on my own and love it.Yes i know a 1000 miles isnt a lot but they are pleasure miles when im not doing other hobies. So i couldnt give a hoot if some short sighted people dont like there only secretly jealous.
That’s roughly 100 miles a month, you should be pleased with that effort.

The thing is this week I’ve only been out once on my bike, but that was 30 miles so I went a lot further up those pesky hills than I would have done on my old bike......

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
As per my previous post... I just say to anyone when they say I am cheating. "not if you have a disability" (which I don't).

It shuts them up straight away, and makes them feel bad.....

Like you say, what gives strangers the right to criticise what you are doing.... this line just shuts it down every time.

Apologies again to any one who has a disability, no offence meant.
We are all disabled.. just in different ways, I sing perfectly , but what comes out my mouth does not resemble the songs in my head... Nor apparently in any ones else's head! either.

Reactions: flecc and Gaz

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I was recently caught in 'flagrante derelicto', in the midst of sexual activity, making love with a young lady who fell in love with me at the local woods. An older gent walking his dog almost trod on us! :eek:

As the man walked by, he looked down at me and said in a disgusted tone, "You dirty, filthy, cheating bathsud! You should be ashamed of yourself! :mad:

Jesus! I said to the young lady. You can't even have a bit of rumpy pumpy in the woods without them knowing that you ride an ebike! :D

Reactions: Zlatan and bigclick

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I was recently caught in 'flagrante derelicto', in the midst of sexual activity, making love with a young lady who fell in love with me at the local woods. An older gent walking his dog almost trod on us! :eek:

As the man walked by, he looked down at me and said in a disgusted tone, "You dirty, filthy, cheating bathsud! You should be ashamed of yourself! :mad:

Jesus! I said to the young lady. You can't even have a bit of rumpy pumpy in the woods without them knowing that you ride an ebike! :D
id be careful if i was you my m8 from school did that and look what happens.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/child-rapist-steven-letts-jailed-774636

im the only one left not dead or in prison from my class i beat them all pmsl ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he got more for the armed robbery of a drug dealer pmsl and the girl was a slapper in care asking for it as the news dont tell it like it was consent was given but still under age.

his dad was rose west brother so some hard time he is going to get ie either go in with gen population and fight for his life or go 23hrs in cell and 1 hr working for 23 years, had other sentences on top of that 2 lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Do you still consider him a 'm8' Soundwave ?
no the tosser stole my mobile phone years ago just never got him pinned down as every drug dealer wants to kill him anyway as stole 10kg of coke from a Bristol dealer not long ago and now in Bristol prison pmsl.

he is the sort that you invite in to ur house then pop down the shop for 20 mins and come back and find ur hole house contents lifted of any value.

Related Articles

Advertisers