I wonder why..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Kits with a clock on the LCD instead of total time, motor AND ambient temperature, total Wh used instead of current Watts used. Battery voltage on the main screen instead of stupid bars that mean nothing, a single trip reset button. Plugs for brakes and throttle in the LCD and single thin cable through the frame to the controller.

A 10C, 20 Amp output BMS 18650 battery - no sag please - with controller in the battery and pre-wired for lights.

Easy to take apart hub motor for customer maintenance - no special tools or well placed hammer whacks...

I could go on.

flecc we don't ride the same roads (and maybe not the same distances these days). The RST single shock front suspension with 40 mm travel is needed here and a NCX suspension seat post are on my wish list.

Hydraulic rim brakes = many saved grams in unsprung weight and are just as good as disk on the road.
You have a great specification list there!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi flecc I know what you mean it's just that in Hull the good news is that there is a very extensive network of cycle paths, which is good news, the bad news (Apart from an seemingly infinite amount of broken glass everywhere) is that on many sections tree roots have rutted the surface almost continuously, and doing as you quite rightly suggest gets so tiring that many of us have reverted to using the more dangerous main roads, to avoid punctures and damage to the bike wheels! as the City council (despite many protests) refuse to maintain the network of cycle paths. Too expensive! they cry.
Same problem here on cyclepaths, roadies never use them on their narrow tyred bikes for these reasons.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Hi flecc I know what you mean it's just that in Hull the good news is that there is a very extensive network of cycle paths, which is good news, the bad news (Apart from an seemingly infinite amount of broken glass everywhere) is that on many sections tree roots have rutted the surface almost continuously, and doing as you quite rightly suggest gets so tiring that many of us have reverted to using the more dangerous main roads, to avoid punctures and damage to the bike wheels! as the City council (despite many protests) refuse to maintain the network of cycle paths. Too expensive! they cry.
Down my neck of the woods much the same - except in my neigbourhood where a local Labour councillor does a fantastic job organising young offenders doing commumity payback to cut back undergowth on local cycle paths, and chasing Council to remove fallen down trees etc.

Advertisers