Help! I'd like to get Fiido D4S

Itamar

Just Joined
Jan 16, 2021
hello I'm living in London and I commute to Central everyday.
There's some up hill point on the way back.

I'm weight around 64 kg.

What do you guys think about Fiido d4s ?

Best regards

Jan b

Just Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Fiido used to ship to the UK from a warehouse in Poland, but since Brexit they can't do that anymore without a lot of faff. What has happened since Brexit is Fiido newly showing a sales/service centre being set up in Bath for the UK... so it seems you may just need to wait a little longer?
Do you know any more about this new warehouse? I ordered a Fiido from Banggood on 4th January and since then nothing... I contact customer service once a week and they keep asking me to wait until they're back in stock. When I check the same bike (D4S) with an EU VPN it shows as "in stock" but when I connect with my own IP it's constantly "restocking". I wonder how much longer it'll take them to get set up to ship to the UK... Other websites seem to have the same issue and don't offer shipping to the UK for the time being... Any advice on how to speed things up will be much appreciated, can't wait for this bike! I heard lots of good things about it.

Jaxter

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2020
Looks like i got my Fiido D4s at just the right time, tail end of last summer. I would just like to say as my first ebike, riding about 20 miles a week and it going through one Uk winter, my d4s hasn't give me any trouble at all.
I absolutely love it, the only thing i would like is some suspension, but of course your going up the tiers in price for that. I think if i saw an M1 Pro at a decent price i'd buy it as it has the 2 things id like a little boost to on my d4s, suspension and a little more power, perfect.

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

The batteries are built into the frames - how easy are the batteries to replace in Fiidos?

Fozziebear40

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 20, 2021
I have just managed to buy a Fiido D4S. Had a shortlist of which bike to buy, headed by a Woosh Rambletta but unfortunately with a backlog of orders it would probably be August for that one.
I have saved over £300 by getting the Fiido and it is impressive.
I cycled a lot in my teens, 20's to 40's then had to give up through illness. Not been near since with a dropped foot and weak leg, now 59 but I thought electric would get me back on 'the bike'
If it proves worthwhile I will get a bigger and better one in the future but in the meantime this is quality. I would have preferred a removable / replaceable battery but hey ho.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...who 3d printed some kind of doohickey that you can attatch to the battery to easily pull it out...
That's this guy here. It's a 3D printed cap, but it doesn't always fit due to machining tolerances of the bike frame and tightness of battery fit. He's redesigned it a few times, but isn't going to spend any more time on it. If it works for you great, and if it doesn't, tough. In Part 1 of his videos, he offered to make and ship the bits you need, and in this last video Part 3, he offers the 3D files to print your own. The links are in the Youtube Comment section(s).

djneils98

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
I have just managed to buy a Fiido D4S. Had a shortlist of which bike to buy, headed by a Woosh Rambletta but unfortunately with a backlog of orders it would probably be August for that one.
I have saved over £300 by getting the Fiido and it is impressive.
I cycled a lot in my teens, 20's to 40's then had to give up through illness. Not been near since with a dropped foot and weak leg, now 59 but I thought electric would get me back on 'the bike'
If it proves worthwhile I will get a bigger and better one in the future but in the meantime this is quality. I would have preferred a removable / replaceable battery but hey ho.
you can unlock the maximum speed to about 32kmh easily. - I have one
there's a good far book group for support too

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Does anybody know if there is a total mileage reading on these(km). I did about 30 km first ride , but stopped about 4 times . I turned off the power a couple of times , it also turns itself off after 10 minutes , resetting to zero each time.

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Pleased with the bike , apart from awful noise from brakes , especially front. Seems to be a common problem , hopfully can get rid of it or reduce it. Bike is good , one of the wire arms for the mudguards is bent and twisted so throws mudguard a long way of centre. The wire is strong so can't be bent/twisted without heat. I got 86km on first charge , mostly setting 2 and 3 and some throttle , fairly hilly , so pleased with that.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I've a Fiido D11 - different bike, but exactly the same Fiido brakes. My understanding is the pads are sintered/harder than usual resin - more prone to squeal than resin. Fiido's callipers only apply pressure from the left pad - the right pad distance from the rotor can be adjusted with a hex key but once adjusted is fixed in normal use. The noise issue is the disc resonating between the moving pad and the fixed one when the brakes are applied. Proper adjustment can stop that squeal.

As for your bent mudguard arm, as your bike is new, contact the seller or Fiido support: Provided you didn't bend it, Fiido would probably send you a new one under warranty. One of the things many buyers of cheap Chinese e-bikes overlook is the availability of spare parts - some Chinese brands stock and make no spares available, but Fiido pretty much stocks and sells everything needed to repair their bikes, and their prices are mostly quite reasonable too:

D series part – Fiido

86km (53 miles) is almost exactly the mileage Fiido claim (80km for your 10.4Ah battery). Who says all manufacturers exaggerate the mileage achievable? Thanks for confirming it.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Yes, adjust brakes as you say, but you need to repeat that from time to time as the right pad wears and the gap increases again. Don't squeeze the lever too hard though or the right pad will end up always rubbing against the rotor. It's a knack you soon get the hang of it.

It's only very recently Fiido started including mudguards as standard for most (all?) of their bikes; they used to be a £20 option. It appears to depend on who you bought your bike from as to how good the support is: Buying direct from Fiido seems to give the best prices and decent support.

I did nearly buy a D4S instead of a D11. Yes, you can easily remove the D11 battery for charging. That suits my purpose as I use the bike for short hops between trains - carrying the battery in one hand and the rest of the bike in the other spreads the weight nicely. The problem for some is you can't lock that battery to the bike, so you need to take it with you if leaving the bike somewhere - but since you're taking both the seat-post and saddle, it must deter thieves.

I honestly don't know the range of the D11. As some reviewers have said, it definitely runs better with a fully charged battery so I rarely let mine get below 1/2 full. And as I'm quite heavy and use it mostly in top assist, my mileage wouldn't be fair/typical. But my range is comparable to my other branded-cell 11Ah batteries. Given Fiido are now making and selling 400,000 bikes a year, we'd be reading complaints if their batteries didn't deliver or were failing!

I do wish Fiido would offer "official" rear racks though. I've had to order one from China that looks right for the bike, but finding one that was a simple light-weight alloy design that takes 25kg and fits (I hope!) was difficult. Decathlon do a cheap steel/10kg load one for their B'Twin e-folder that would fit, and there are full-pannier versions in Germany, but too much for my needs.

But who can complain? IMHO both D4S and D11 are excellent value for the money, and given the easy supply of spares, should both be on the road for a very long time.