I'm bent!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yesterday was very productive! Lots of loose ends were tidied up:

PAS

I started out with PAS in the normal position as shown below

The cable was extended to about 2.5 metres long and attached to the gear outers all the way back to the controller. The disk is zip tied to the 26 tooth chainwheel.

Now it looks like this:

I took the idler pulley off and after pressing the magnets out of an 8 magnet PAS disk placed it on top of the idler and drilled position holes with a tiny drill bit. I enlarged to magnet size and press fitted the magnets into the idler pulley. Now as the idler pulley turns in the opposite direction to the chainwheel, despite it being on the right hand side you need to use the left handed KT PAS sensor. Of course there was no room to mount the sensor (things are never that easy) I cut the mounting lugs off and double sided tape and a cable tie hold it in place. Cable is stock 50 cm long.

Everything goes in the bag...

I had ordered a couple of controller boxes from BMSBattery way back so the controller and its wiring connectors are nice and safe. I am not worried about heat at this time of year and I have a long term plan for a better home for the controller. The motor wire is full length from the controller to the 9 pin plug and held to the frame with Velcro tapes. If I want/need to ride with the analogue wheel I can unplug everything (3 connectors) and roll up the LCD and PAS cables and attach them to the rack. The 15 Ah battery is also in the pannier.

The LCD4 on the wrong way (for the moment)

And a detail of the Mxus nice and snug in the Rohloff OEM dropouts

All in all I am very pleased with the look - very clean cable wise - and the performance. As noted elsewhere the motor is only used when I am not pedalling at 25 km/h and I average 32 km/h on the flat under my own steam (when I am fit). Where is the rear light/reflector? On the seat for the moment, I want to fit a Wingee mudguard pannier rack combination later when funds are available and the taillight will then go on that. A mounting plate for the trailer hitch, as you can see above there isn't enough space to fit it on the axle that dropout is 8mm thick.

End of phase one!

Reactions: Gaz

Advertisers