images

chess

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
Could anyone let me know how to put images onto pages.
For example: I had created a cetificate for a certain member's 10000 birthday ! as a word file, but found that it was too big. I thought about trying to put it on asa an image file but don't know how to. Thought it best to ask rather than remain ignorant.
thanks in hopes of understandable replies
chess

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here you are Chess:

Two ways:

First way: Click the paper clip button above the reply box and have a look at the photo size rules there for different file types. Then make sure the picture conforms to those rules, and preferably is sized to 800 x 600 pixels or less to avoid the huge oversize things that some insist on posting.

If all's well, browse to your image from that paperclip button box, then upload it and close that box. Then click the paperclip button again and you'll see the image name, click on that and it will be attached at the point of your cursor in the text box, shown as "Attach etc Attach". Then complete your reply.

Second way: If you have somewhere to post pictures online like flickr.com or similar, you can display those here in this way. Just go to your web image, right click it and select Copy Image Location from the context menu, or if that doesn't show, click Properties on the context menu that appears and highlight and copy the URL there on the Properties page. Then return to the Reply box here, position the cursor below the text where you want the photo to appear and click the yellow mountain scene icon above. You'll get a box to paste in the link and ok it.

Then submit the reply and your photo will appear.

Last edited:

chess

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
image-in

Many thanks Flec for your reply.
I suppose that makes it more than 10000 now!
chess

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Many thanks Flec for your reply.
I suppose that makes it more than 10000 now!
chess
Yes, this makes it 98 added since then, but thanks for your kind thought with the certificate, just as appreciated unseen as seen. :)

chess

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
Hurray. have done it. Finally put an image onto the site, I hope!
this one is deserved, but not by me.
All the best Flec
chess.

flecs 10000.JPG

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Many thanks Chess, a very kind thought and greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisers