Help! Impulse / Panasonic torque sensor manufature wanted

alex_e-bike

Just Joined
Oct 7, 2019
Dear all,

i have read a couple postings inside this forum with a great interest, but i did not find an answer wrt. my question.

Who is the manufature of the torque sensor used in the Panasonic & Impulse engines?

My Pedelec has an IMPLUSE 2.0 Engine installed and the magnetic torque senor is failing and a the company
DAUM in Germany ( DERBY-cycle/ KALKHOFF) only wants to sell the entire motor and not the spare parts of it.

As this failure is going to happen in 80% of all known/recorded events, i assume that an replacement will not
cause an investment of 400€, as the costings for this part should be around 50€.

Hope to hear from soon
BR
Alex

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Who is the manufature of the torque sensor used in the Panasonic & Impulse engines?
Panasonic make (or have made for them in Japan) their torque sensor assembly, and the Daum is a virtual copy they make or have made in Germany. Neither company will make available any internal spares for these units, so the only source is units which have failed for more common reasons.

I don't understand why you need any spares for it and your assumption that 80% will fail is clearly wrong since there's no known failure of this in any of the Panasonic units. I've never heard of any failure of the Daum torque sensor either, though there's been many failures of the freewheel pawls that sit alongside.

Any failure of the torque sensing on either of these units will almost certainly be in the circuitry of the main circuit board or faulty connections at the torque sensing cable connector.

Advertisers