In search of reliability for 30km commute

Grundo

Just Joined
Feb 21, 2016
hi all,
I bought a kallkhoff endeavour s11 last summer for a 30k (each way) commute. It's been very reliable, apart from the motor... On my 3rd replacement now which is currently 'noisey' which will only end one way!
Looking to get recommendations from experienced e-bikers on long lasting low maintenance options for a bike that will take the pounding of a rural and urban commute.
Cheers

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If you like the quality of the rest of the bike why don't you try a Pro Connect? The dealer who sold you the Endeavour should give you a really good trade in deal in compensation for your troubles.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
For a bombproof, low maintenance all rounder try:Riese and Muller Delite Rohloff
I can vouch for this statement, l have eight thousand miles still on original equipment. Due for a new chain though but still goes without chain suck or coming off. If you want comfortable, reliable honest biking this is worth the extra cost.

Reactions: martin@onbike

Grundo

Just Joined
Feb 21, 2016
So a lot of support for the Bosch camp... I did try a Bosch system while I was on a loaner from dealer while waiting on replacement and seemed like a good system. It was a 'chipped' 250w (I need a 45kph model to make Carless commute feasible) but to keep warranty intact, I'd prefer not to tune a standard. Are these models available in s Pedelec motors. And does Bosch reliability/longevity transfer to same??

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
Hi Grundo,
I'm sorry, but we don't supply de-restriction devices for the brands we stock.
S-pedelecs cannot be currently used on UK public roads legally, nor off road if there is public access to said land.
Riese and Muller do produce an S- Pedelec version of the Delite, and KTM also produce a couple but do not supply to the UK unless there is proof of proposed legal use. Scott do not produce an S-Pedelec currently.