Incorrect speed

Q2DM1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 26, 2018
Leeds
Hi,
I have a woosh rio. This morning for some reason the speed shown on the LCD is a few mph lower than it should be. I've had the bike 11 months and commute daily, so I know what speeds I usually ride at on each particular section of the commute and on the downhills it was up to 10mph lower than usual (usually 29/30 mph on the steep downhills but was showing 20). No wind this morning, so I'm confident that it's not a headwind issue. The speeds were consistently a few miles lower all the way to work.
I've checked the wheel diameter setting and still showing 26".
At first I thought it might be a magnet that had moved or spun round but had a look and can't see one, so I'm guessing the sensor is in the hub?
Any ideas as to what the issue might be?
Thanks.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Just a thought, 30 Kph being around 19 Mph,
could it have gone from Kph to Mph?
Dave.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi,
I have a woosh rio. This morning for some reason the speed shown on the LCD is a few mph lower than it should be. I've had the bike 11 months and commute daily, so I know what speeds I usually ride at on each particular section of the commute and on the downhills it was up to 10mph lower than usual (usually 29/30 mph on the steep downhills but was showing 20). No wind this morning, so I'm confident that it's not a headwind issue. The speeds were consistently a few miles lower all the way to work.
I've checked the wheel diameter setting and still showing 26".
At first I thought it might be a magnet that had moved or spun round but had a look and can't see one, so I'm guessing the sensor is in the hub?
Any ideas as to what the issue might be?
Thanks.
the speed sensor is made of 6 magnets inside the motor's lid. One of them may have detached.
Please contact support@wooshbikes.co.uk to get it sorted.

Q2DM1

Mar 26, 2018
Leeds
Just a thought, 30 Kph being around 19 Mph,
could it have gone from Kph to Mph?
Dave.
Thanks Dave,
I had a look and it's still in mph. Been advised to check the magnets, so will have a look at that and hopefully sort it.
Cheers,
Michael

Reactions: D C

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's quite common for those magnets to become unglued. If you can find it in there you can glue it back with epoxy. Many controllers have a stting for the number of magnets, so if one has gone you can change it from 6 to 5 to compensate. For peace of mind, I'd want to know where the magnet is because it can't fall out of the motor so must be inside somewhere like stuck to the next one.

Q2DM1

Mar 26, 2018
Leeds
Had a quick look tonight and sure enough, a couple of magnets have become unstuck.. A job for tomorrow with the epoxy. Thanks for the help, guys :)
IMG_20190215_173433.jpg

Reactions: D C

Advertisers