Help! Inherited an older Green City Bike

Andrew F

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2022
Hi All and thanks you for accepting me into your group.

Please bare with me as I am a complete newbie when it comes to electric bikes.

My parents recently handed me down a pair of green city electric bikes which I believe they purchased from Carrefour while touring France a good few years ago. Apart from the manufacture name I can not find any details of a model number. When I look for the website www.greencitybike.com as displayed on the frame the site no longer seems to be live.

The bike currently works as a manual bike just fine and as it is a folding frame is quite handy in my campervan but I would also like to see if I can find a replacement battery to give it back its full functionality of if replacement is no longer possible can these have new battery packs fitted. If anyone can point me in the direction of company's, sites or post that would help i would be very grateful.

Many Thanks,
Andrew

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
That link to greencity doesn't work as you say. Probably worth posting quite a few photos of the bike, and especially of the battery (including any labels etc), and the charger as well (again, including labels)

Lots of basic Chinese bikes get sold under lots of labels, and 'greencity' might get applied to several different bikes.

Andrew F

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2022
That link to greencity doesn't work as you say. Probably worth posting quite a few photos of the bike, and especially of the battery (including any labels etc), and the charger as well (again, including labels)

Lots of basic Chinese bikes get sold under lots of labels, and 'greencity' might get applied to several different bikes.
Thanks sjpt, I took some pictures this morning before running out to work but they are not great so will get some more detailed ones this evening and share them here

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Like most cheap euro supermarket bikes, the parts will be generic type and use a simple 2 wire battery connection. Any battery of the correct voltage will work but whether one can get the same case type we don't know without seeing pics.