Interesting holiday idea?

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
This guy could probably do with a conversion kit at the very least; and why does he have a rucksack on his back when his shed is right behind him?

Jim

Man_Power.jpg

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That looks old. There's loads of much more recent ones available, plenty of photos on this link.

Here's one that could turn up on pavements!
My mate Benjy's one is well represented on that page.

I like this one but apparently the trailer was badly made:

Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Now that I look at that photo again, I'm pretty sure that it's been Photoshopped. The rider is in sunshine and the trailer is in the rain.

Another thing: What's that thing that his chain goes round under the chainwheel? Anybody any idea?

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Well spotted with the sunshine vfr yes it's a fake alright. I have a much larger image of it, apparently it's from 1940 so if manipulated then it would have been in a darkroom. The real giveaway is the chain and look at the area behind the crank, it's not clear on this version but look closely on mine cropped and run through AI software.

Man Power.jpg

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Well spotted with the sunshine vfr yes it's a fake alright. I have a much larger image of it, apparently it's from 1940 so if manipulated then it would have been in a darkroom. The real giveaway is the chain and look at the area behind the crank, it's not clear on this version but look closely on mine cropped and run through AI software.

View attachment 36876
Including the Telegraph newspaper online, credited to General Photo Archive /Getty Images.
it does look dodgy though, with the differing light on the rider compared to the trailer.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Another thing: What's that thing that his chain goes round under the chainwheel? Anybody any idea?
Maybe a chain tensioner?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
R

ritayong

Hello, where are you going to spend your end of year holidays?

SHAREit

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisers