Just tried my new 48v. Q13ah battery with yosepower 350w hub moter

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
Hi all just tried my 48v battery with yosepower 350 hub , controller changed to kt 17amp vertion from 15amp one, Display changed to kt lcd4.

tried with 15 amp 36v,17amp 36v. And 48v battery. Approx figures as displayed on lcd3. There was a big jump power level 5. 48v. Re 36v. Controller gets rather hot ,i tried level 3, 4. And 5 up a steepish hill, but was using the highest gearing.

lcd 4. Was a bit smaller than i expected but is much neater.

I only did about 4 miles, and battery has already dropped a bar on lcd 3 display, but have only charged it once so far

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will have to be careful using PAS5 as as you have seen the controller gets hot, if the climb speed becomes too low eventually you may well find you will suffer thermal cut outs. In hindsight you should have got a 9 fet KT do deal with the heat better.

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
Thanks nealh. I tried the 36v and 48v battries with 17amp controller and lcd3 display, to see what wattage was being used, posted the thread, and then fitted the lcd4 set wheel size/ speed /. And tried out lcd4.

but i have throttle but no pas whatsoever, had to return home ,not sure what the problem is

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have no PAS fitted, then you using any of the levels is pointless as they only relate to PAS use. With throttle only you will be using equivalent power to PAS 5 which is max current, try reducing the current via C5.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
but i have throttle but no pas whatsoever, had to return home ,not sure what the problem is
You need to tell us what occurred apart from controller was rather hot.

Did you have cut outs ?
Did the bike stop working and wouldn't start again ?

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
Nealh pas 1-5 was working with 48v battery and lcd3 today, i simply have changed the lcd3 display to lcd4 as its smaller and the lcd3 mounting bracket had broken, but found i had no pas regardless of trying 1-5 on lcd4, Did not have any cut outs etc just reduced the pas to 3 coming home only a mile anyway.

I will refit lcd3 to try again on wednesday, hospital tommorrow thank you

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
Hi all a bit baffled have tried the above with my kt lcd3 and pas and throttle work ok , However soon as i. Change to kt lcd4 i have throttle and no pas,

swap back to lcd3 all is ok?

cannot see anything obvious in kt lcd4 manual re pas thats amiss any ideas

thank you

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi all a bit baffled have tried the above with my kt lcd3 and pas and throttle work ok , However soon as i. Change to kt lcd4 i have throttle and no pas,

swap back to lcd3 all is ok?

cannot see anything obvious in kt lcd4 manual re pas thats amiss any ideas

thank you
You need to look at the settings. There are a few that affect how the throttle and PAS work. Compare those in LCD to LCD4 and make them the same.

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
Thanks for the tip will have a look at lcd3 manual and actual settings in lvcd3
This is indeed strange checked lcd3 settings p and c. As far as i can see no differance between lcd3 and lcd4. Still no pas.
In rumaging through settings i changed the speed. from 25 to 30kph. And left the bike.

later i tried throttle and was holding handle bar bike shot forward as you would expect.

bike was in pas 5 and lifted rear of bike and turned the peddles and it shot forward , a road test and pas worked fine , No real idea what i altered?