Kalkhoff Endeavour 5 S XXL

Onegirlandherbike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 20, 2019
Hi, my husband and myself bought Kalkhoff bikes in the summer and due to problems I had with mine I am now having it replaced with a Kalkhoff Endeavour 5S XXL.

I was wondering if anyone has had this model of bike and if so what's your views on it. I loved the one that I'm having replaced but they can't replace it with the same model as it's not longer available, so this is the closest spec to it.

Many thanks.

Paula

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The 5S uses the Shimano E8000 motor so should be fine. Not the most common motor around but I’ve not heard anything bad about it.

Reactions: Onegirlandherbike

Onegirlandherbike

Oct 20, 2019
I was told it's a very popular motor on Specialized bikes. Anyhow, I suppose only time will tell. Hopefully I'll have my new bike in the next two weeks.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I was told it's a very popular motor on Specialized bikes. Anyhow, I suppose only time will tell. Hopefully I'll have my new bike in the next two weeks.
The e8000 motor is a very popular motor of late
And a great motor too

Onegirlandherbike

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to getting it - can't wait to get back out there. I've been using the Hubster's bike every now and then while he's been away but it's a large frame so a bit uncomfortable after a bit of a while so I haven't used it a lot.

Reactions: Fat Rat