Kalkhoff pro connect S 2010/2011 wiring help please

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Hi I recently bought one of these bikes in kit form!
I'm now rebuilding it and one issue on the electrical connections is where the controller wires go through the frame to connect up with the 8 pin plug connector for the Panasonic 300w motor the seller cut the plug off at the controller side without writing down the connections.
My issue is that the lcd controller coloured wires are-dark blue,brown,yellow,red,green,white,black,grey
The 8 pin plug for the motor has these colours- blue,brown,orange,pink,green,light green,white,purple!
My question is what goes where?
Trying to find wiring diagrams to no avail!
Anyone done this please?
Need to cut off the motor plug and solder wires onto the controller wire, but need the correct sequence.
Help please.
Many thanks,
Simon

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Looking for the numbered pin connections of the coloured wires at the plug on the end of this controller 1-8 with the corresponding colours to each PIN number. Have emailed the good chaps at 50cycles and am awaiting their reply.
Many thanks,
Simon

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Need the PIN numbers for these colours from the controller to solder to the wires on the plug from the motor. Thought they would have been the same colours!
image.jpg

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Sorry to hear of your probs, What did the seller do with the plug he cut off? You'd have thought he'd keep it together with the controller. Sadly my ProConnect S has the 250w motor and old non LCD controller otherwise I'd have a look.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Sorry I don know either.

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Yes you would have thought he'd kept the plug it would have saved me a lot of trouble! Perhaps he thought they were like for like colours!
Nightmare lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Panasonic don't publish any techical data on their units and I doubt even distributors have wiring details, so I think there's only two possibilities for you:

The first is to order a new control unit with harness through a Giant hybrid dealer, the disadvantage being that Panasonic prices are bit steep.

The second is to locate a similar model with the same harness colour coding. Then if the owner is willing to let you, check and note the positions in the connector that each colour goes to and copy that.

Reactions: pontylad

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
If Flecc doesn't know. Then no one knows.
Except the Japanese engineers and factory workers.

Reactions: pontylad

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The only record I have of the wiring at the motor end is the photo below. However it had nine connections, not eight, and a different set of colours! It seems there may be several versions and I know the units themselves come in various internal versions:

IMG_2633.jpg

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
This link to a Panasonic parts supplier in Germany.
http://www.pro-cycling-golla.de/Panasonic_26V/LCD_Display_artikel510d5568377bf.html
It is clear that controllers are fairly motor specific, and it suggests that if you were buying you needed contact them with motor number to be sure of getting he right controller. Not suggesting that at 284 euro you buy one, but you might get lucky and he is willing to look at the controller and tell you the wire to pin couplings. Long shot but worth a try? My German has to rely on copying and pasting into Google translate!

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Many thanks for that. There was a person on here that wired in a newer motor 2011 with an old type controller but I can't find it now!
Will hopefully get a reply from 50cycles who are also looking for me.
Thanks

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Many thanks for that. There was a person on here that wired in a newer motor 2011 with an old type controller but I can't find it now!
Will hopefully get a reply from 50cycles who are also looking for me.
Thanks
I think it was tillson who did the motor swop, however it was like for like I think, both 250w motors. Another possible avenue is look at you tube link below to petesboulder showing fitting a motor. Now it's impossible to see the connections, even in another video of his when he takes the motor out, but he does leave a phone and email address at the end. Again, if you're lucky he may be able to help. Just a thought.

Good luck.

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Got them in the end from that link in Germany please see attached for future reference.Just in case somebody cuts off a plug and throws it away!
Many many thanks
Simon

Attachments

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Got them in the end from that link in Germany please see attached for future reference.Just in case somebody cuts off a plug and throws it away!
Many many thanks
Simon
Great news Simon. Glad you managed to get what you wanted. Good to see really helpful parts suppliers. Good luck finishing the job. Better and faster response than 50cycles, come on lads up your game.

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg In 50cycles defence they also took photos for me, both were identical but the Germans beat them lol.
I temp wired it up this morning as I work nights to give me peace of mind before ordering parts etc from 50cycles........Result! Power restored also the throttle works and turns the motor! Is it worth changing it to a push button one now it's in bits?
Photos below......thanks all. Will keep you updated with my progress

Reactions: oriteroom and flecc

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
I have also emailed the German parts suppliers so fingers crossed.
Many thanks.
Simon

Can you let me have the email address of the German supplier (pro cycling golla I think) as I want to contact them regarding replacing the panasonic controller on my wife's 2008 Kalkhoff ProConnect. Thanks

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks Simon

Advertisers