Kalkoff Integrale 8 Belt ,Grey,Crossbar,50cm

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Selling my beautiful Kalkoff electric bike, bough In November 2015 from 50 Cycles in Loughborough. They still sell this bike, specs can be viewed here: https://www.50cycles.com/kalkhoff-integrale-i8

Eight gear belt drive (the best version in my opinion). It has only covered about 400 miles and includes:

New tyres
Rear bag that locks to the bracket
Thudbuster seat suspension and comfort seat
Dongle to double speed (off road use only, ahem).
Rear mirror

Always garaged, in very good condition, as is the battery. (note, the images show a few mud spots on the bike - they are not chips!).

Cost £2895 new. Selling because I'm now into motorcycles and there's no room in my garage! Any reasonable offer will be considered.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cutec

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2017
Worthing
Where are based?
I am interested but a 3 yr old electric bike is a tough sale.
Can you give a broad range igure you would accept?
Thanks

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Hi you may be right, and thus it will be better for me to keep the bike rather than sell. Thanks for your interest.

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Hi Cutec - I ought to say that I probably typed that last message a little too rashly, as I've just replied to another message on this forum saying I *may* still sell.

I'm based in Stratford Upon Avon, and I was hoping to fetch £1350 for the bike. It really is low mileage and very good condition with nice extras.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Residual values of ebikes can vary usually mostly down to battery age in your case a 3 year] old battery is classed as end of life as it is not known how much longer it will last, could be 6months or 2 years or more. A buyer needs to consider this as a new battery is minimum of £300.
Using Flecc's depreciation calc's a value can be got if we know how much you paid for the bike when it was new.

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
I included the purchase price in my original post, £2895, Nov 2015.

The battery sure is not end of life, having only covered a few hundred miles.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I included the purchase price in my original post, £2895, Nov 2015.

The battery sure is not end of life, having only covered a few hundred miles.
They also degrade over time without being used very much - inside the battery there is a chemical reaction going on. You can slow the chemical reaction by keeping the battery charged to about 80% or 38.5v in the case of a 36v battery.

3 years is maximum shelf life.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With lithium it is an age thing rather then miles covered that said best thing is to take it to a dealer who can give you a print put of a battery condition to help with the sale.
Other major issue to consider is warranty on a 3 yr old bike esp one with the dreaded Impulse drive, if it can't be extended by a new owner then any motor issue will lead to £700 odd replacement cost.

£1350 is a fair price if a battery condition is confirmed as good, my worries buying one would be the drive which has a very chequered history with too many failures occurring and is not a good used prospect without any warranty.

Last edited: