Kids bikes

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
I'm looking to get a new bike for each of my daughters for Christmas.

One is aged 8, the other is 6.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

The last bike I bought for the 8 year old (when she was 6) was a relatively cheapy one from Argos but it's very heavy and she always struggled to ride it. Therefore I don't really want to use it as a hand down to the younger child - and has made me decide I need to take a bit more care and spend a bit more this time round.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Henshaw family of A to b cycling magazine fame swear by the quality German made Puky bikes which they have bought their child, as have others of their acquaintance for their children. Type Puky bikes into Google and there are various suppliers.

Last edited:

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Hi

You could try Islabikes.co.uk. They specialize in childrens bikes and have a very good reputation, but they aren't cheap.....

Phil.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
I always bought my boys Raleigh Bikes. Only problem encountered was a puncture. When childeren are young they out grow their bike before the bike gets worn out. If possible buy from a local Raleigh Bike shop.;)

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
Hi

You could try Islabikes.co.uk. They specialize in childrens bikes and have a very good reputation, but they aren't cheap.....

Phil.
Thanks for the tips. I went for Islabikes. They are not cheap but what convinced me is that they have excellent resale value.

They arrived this week and look great. Just hope the children like them as much as I do :D

Advertisers