KS dropper post on Jam2 malfunction

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
The dropper post on my Focus Jam2 has started to "sag" and gradually drop when I am seated. It doesn't do it every time but the activating lever is quite difficult to press and the cable feels tight and I suspect it is not closing properly every time thus allowing air to leak out. The bike is under warranty however the retailer is miles away and I am building up courage to drop the Shimano motor and see if the cable is snagged or perhaps replace it? Has anyone else had this fault, if so how did they deal with it? Any guidance appreciated.

Tom

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i would check the air psi in the seat post as could be low and causing this and check the cable of course.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
i would check the air psi in the seat post as could be low and causing this and check the cable of course.
Cheers Soundwave, I have never taken the dropper post out! I assume I release the cable on the handlebars and feed it through just enough to withdraw the post -after the clamp is loosened - and then check the schraeder valve pressure. I'll Google the pressure?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes i think it is about 250psi but check the model first to make sure.

also add a extra 10 psi as you will loose some when you remove the shock pump.

Reactions: argoose

Related Articles

Advertisers