kT-LCD 3 only updates speed display when pedalling

super josh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2018
Hi All,

I'm running a KT-LCD 3 and controller and use a magnet/hall effect sensor on the rear wheel to provide speed pulses for the speed display. I have noticed that sometimes the display drops to 0 MPH even though the bike is still going around 14 MPH.

I initially thought that maybe the magnet wasn't close enough to the sensor and I was getting intermittent speed pulses. But after a bit more observation I see that the display only drops to zero if I stop pedalling.

Has anyone else seen this before? Is there a setting I need to tweak or do you suspect a faulty controller?

Cheers,

Josh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
P2 needs to value 1.

Reactions: Bonzo Banana

super josh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2018
Hi Neal,

Thanks for your quick reply :)

I checked and unfortunately P2 was already set to 1, but I read one of your previous posts where you set it to 0. Tried that but in both cases the speed display falls while coasting :(

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Josh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Only one other possible P2/6. Other wise one will have to put up with it or tey another KT lcd.
My lcd 4 is the same, no speed when coasting and sometimes erratic speeds esp when towing all the way up to 49.9. One suspects it is down to a dodgy display.

Advertisers