KT-LCD1

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The pas sensor and disc need to be about 1mm apart. Tell us which PAS you had before and which you have now or better still some pics.

Generic KT lcds don't have a P6 parameter, the Cyclotricity parameter is custom setting and believe it is linked to the derestriction mode between 250 & 1000w.

nikorasu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2020
The pas sensor and disc need to be about 1mm apart. Tell us which PAS you had before and which you have now or better still some pics.

Generic KT lcds don't have a P6 parameter, the Cyclotricity parameter is custom setting and believe it is linked to the derestriction mode between 250 & 1000w.
the new pass in pic is the same as the old one

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it is the same it should work unless you have change the C1 setting.
Make sure the disc face is correct and not back to front, peddle backwards to see if it works.
Easiest way to test is to plug in the Julet before fitting then pas the disc by the sensor head, the sensor has a small Red led that should blink on/off as a magnet passes.

nikorasu

Jun 1, 2020
If it is the same it should work unless you have change the C1 setting.
Make sure the disc face is correct and not back to front, peddle backwards to see if it works.
Easiest way to test is to plug in the Julet before fitting then pas the disc by the sensor head, the sensor has a small Red led that should blink on/off as a magnet passes.
the light flashes but nothing heppens and i dont have c1 only p1 to 6

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I forgot the KT LCD1 & 2 don't have the C1 settings, they have to be flashed via an lcd3 or better. The led blinking means it is sensing the disc but for what ever reason isn't working.
Did your last disc also have the twelve magnets ?

Did you try the back pedal ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I just checked and as I thought you have the wrong magnet disc and the controller isn't set for a 12 pole one so it doesn't recognise it because it has too many magnet poles.
Cyclotricity PAS sensor is 10 pole and your one is 12 pole and not from them.

With my KT LCD1 & 2 lcds, I have to flash the controller with my LCD3 from another bike if I want to make parameter changes in the settings.

You can try pressing out every other magnet to see if it works.

nikorasu

Jun 1, 2020
I just checked and as I thought you have the wrong magnet disc and the controller isn't set for a 12 pole one so it doesn't recognise it because it has too many magnet poles.
Cyclotricity PAS sensor is 10 pole and your one is 12 pole and not from them.

With my KT LCD1 & 2 lcds, I have to flash the controller with my LCD3 from another bike if I want to make parameter changes in the settings.

You can try pressing out every other magnet to see if it works.
il have to check if it was 10 or 12 pole i will get back to you thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
i ve checked my pas and my old and my new ones are all 12 pole
Ok interesting was it a Cyclotricity replacement or a generic one ?

We know from other users a generic KT lcd only enables the 250w rating as none have P6 mode. P6 is a special order custom mode for oem sellers.
It may be that cyclotricity have also a custom PAS sensor with software which only there controller recognises.
This I don't think has ever been verified but it may be a possibilty to keep all spares in house almost like a closed system like Bosch etc,etc.

nikorasu

Jun 1, 2020
i have one supplied by cyclotricity and an oem one and they are the same and i get the same result

Advertisers