kudos versatile

Cricket

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2013
Hello there. I'm afraid I can't answer your question but I've looked at that bike before - it's nice looking and down to a good price. There is a very helpful gentleman on this forum who represents Kudos I believe so I'm sure he will be able to enlighten you on its potential range. But from what I gather your weight, the fact you will be pedalling and the flat terrain should all help. But do make sure you can get where you need to go comfortably in range bearing in mind external factors such as cold weather can affect the battery (so I have just been told by a dealer on the phone).

Good luck finding a bike...

Last edited:

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Thank you :)

Bit more info if Mr nice kudos man happens to read this :) I can only do light pedaling due to a muscle deterioration in one leg. The whole reason I want an e bike is to help keep myself moving. The round trip I fancy doing a couple of times a week is about 17-20 miles. About an hour each way if I can keep up to about 15mph (I think)

Thanks

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Holliday,the Versatile has a 24v x 10 Ah battery,yielding about 240 Wh capacity so should be good with average terrain and average rider power input of about 20-25 miles range. It is very cheap at present because the technology has moved on and 24v is rather 'last year',at £495.00 it is a good buy provided it does your job. However it does not have the 36v hillclimbing grunt of the Secret bike,which also has a comfortable 30-35 mile range.
We only have 4 Versatile models left and will not make any more,the Secret is our ongoing bike for 2014.
Hope that gives an honest reply,really you need to try both-at 10 stone you are not a heavy guy so maybe the Versatile will be good for you.
KudosDave....Mr 'nice' Kudos man !!!!!

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
I'd love to try them but I'm up north in Tyneside and as far as I can see there aren't many this way.

Unless I go to halfords or similar I may not get a chance to try before I buy.

Also, with my one highly limited leg I'm not sure if even average input can be expected.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi This Is The Bike FOR you no need to try it has crank drive so it will Glide up Hills and a massive 15AH long range battery with options off pedal assist or throttle only so no need to pedal Comes in a small 17 inch frame with massive Extras Free AND £799 With Free delivery

Great suppler Has very good revues on the forum Call Hatti today She sells direct so no middleman

There are other models as well

The Sant-Ana CD | Chain Drive Electric Bikes from Woosh | electric bike sales & hire

Frank

Last edited:

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
I've been looking at the woosh bikes too but with me being a student my price range is rather limited

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I've been looking at the woosh bikes too but with me being a student my price range is rather limited
You will do well to find anything worth having for less than woosh prices.

As you are on Tyneside, have a word with Sports Recycler in South Shields.

They have an ebike sales operation and keep about half-a-dozen in stock.

Sports Recycler - Home Page

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Awesome. I go to south shields a couple of times a week so I'll defo go! It means I can at least try one to check my legs are up to pedalling :)

Thanks so much!!

D

Deleted member 4366

The same bike is available under different badges, and there's a massive difference in prices. I think last time I looked, you could get the same bike new anywhere from £400 to £1000. At £400, you can't complain, but at £1000, there's better bikes. Everything on it is standard Chinese stuff, so should be as reliable as anything. The battery's 24v, so not as powerful as those with 36v, but adequate if you don't weigh too much.

Bargain at £380 here. I'd guess that these ones are ones that have been returned after a short trial, or they had faults that have been fixed, so at least they won't be DOA:
Viking E-Go 20" Wheel 6 Speed Electric Bike, Green | eBay

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Does anyone have an honest opinion either way of the Viking ego?
Hi the wife has one of these and I use it now and again. She swears by it and I must admit it is a nifty bit of kit. Fits into my folding bike bag and so could conceivably be taken on public transport. Also handy to chuck in the back of the car.
I am no lightweight and it recently hauled me and a trailer load of shopping on a 14 mile round trip and only one red light down.
Worth looking at Tesco who do the same bike different badge.
Wife manages 25 miles + on a charge.

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Thanks to both of you! As I've previously mentioned, I'm a student so have a pretty low budget but I'm hoping that pretty soon the bike would have paid for itself over a £60pm travel pass... Only have a 16-20 mile round trip and I can manage to cycle normally for about 45 mins just pretty slowly so should be enough for me.

I'm going to visit the most local ebike shop on Saturday to have a go make sure it's for me :) but once that's for sure I'll be ordering something or other :)