LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
i cant found the right plug in the controller for the pas.... the only plug what fits it is the speed throttle conection plug but it dont work if i conect them...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will have to provide a link to show us the exact controller you bought.

It is possible that your controller doesn't support PAS and is a speed controller which means that it will only support a throttle only, which isn't legal for a pedelec.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have made a big mistake. You have connected one of the single green wires to a white wire that comes from the LCD. If you switch on like that, you'll kill the controller. the two single green wires are for the self-learning procedure, where the controller discovres the hall sensor and phase sequence.

The connector shown in the connection picture as 1:1 accelerator is the pedal sensor connector. You have to check that the wires on your sensor are in the same sequence, so red goes to red, black to black and whatever the other colour is to green.

The video is not very good. It keeps buffering, which makes it very difficult to follow, and each time I pause it, everything is out of focus, so I can't see what you've done. Normal still photos are much better, but you must show all the wires and connectors.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
You have made a big mistake. You have connected one of the single green wires to a white wire that comes from the LCD. If you switch on like that, you'll kill the controller. the two single green wires are for the self-learning procedure, where the controller discovres the hall sensor and phase sequence.

The connector shown in the connection picture as 1:1 accelerator is the pedal sensor connector. You have to check that the wires on your sensor are in the same sequence, so red goes to red, black to black and whatever the other colour is to green.

The video is not very good. It keeps buffering, which makes it very difficult to follow, and each time I pause it, everything is out of focus, so I can't see what you've done. Normal still photos are much better, but you must show all the wires and connectors.
here is a video link to download
and i disconect the single green wire from display conection but still motor will not start work

https://we.tl/t-R7RQ0HmGA0

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller has throttle and PAS/1:1 connection make sure you have used the correct connection as per your link, also if you have fitted a PAS sensor/disc that wasn't supplied you do have to make sure the wire sequence matches. A non supplied PAS may not have the correct connector attached so don't just assume it would fit. China controllers and ancillary's are not standard across the various manufacturers, not all wire colours will match so you simply have to match wire sequence, so 5V to 5V , Gnd to Gnd & signal to signal.
On the controller 5V will be Red or Brown, Gnd will be Black , signal White or any other random colour on a PAS colours will often be like wise.
Often it involves replacing end connectors and changing the wiring order to match that of the controller connector.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
i cant found the right plug in the controller for the pas.... the only plug what fits it is the speed throttle conection plug but it dont work if i conect them...
Sounds like your PAS sensor then wasn't supplied with the controller/lcd you bought so the connector is the same as the controller one, for it to work you will need the opposite male or female connector and the wiring gin the correct order to work.
The connector will likely be a SM3 connector, you can buy them in packs or buy then with wire tails. You will need solder and crimp skills to put on new connectors with pins.

If you can or know someone who can solder you can simply cut off the connector (wire by wire) and directly solder each wire to the other ( once colour /wire sequence is identified) before soldering each wire you will need to slide a piece of heat shrink along the wire to insulate the join afterwards.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wouldn't work for me either and the first one is dodgy and my laptop went in to security alert and locked the site link.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Wouldn't work for me either and the first one is dodgy and my laptop went in to security alert and locked the site link.
hmmmmm how i can know which color is positive or negative if you dont have the factory wiring plan of youtr item...

it is a realy nice bike to drive, but without workinh engine because of none working controller is ****** up... i allready asked the the support where i baught it but i dont get technical information from them... now i am helpless, i allready brought my bike to an e-bike service here in germany but they told me they dont whant touch it because it is from china.... i feel me lost in this case

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
They show the connection in a picture in their listing. It's very simple. All ebike controllers are nearly the same. The only problem is that we don't know what you've done.

Before going any further, disconnect everything except the LCD and the battery. Switch on the LCD and measure the voltage between the red and black wires on the PAS, throttle or hall sensor connector. It should be 5v.

If that's OK, connect the throttle and motor. Switch on and set the LCD to the highest level, then try the throttle.

When you've done all that, let us know what happened.

Reactions: Sinan

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
They show the connection in a picture in their listing. It's very simple. All ebike controllers are nearly the same. The only problem is that we don't know what you've done.

Before going any further, disconnect everything except the LCD and the battery. Switch on the LCD and measure the voltage between the red and black wires on the PAS, throttle or hall sensor connector. It should be 5v.

If that's OK, connect the throttle and motor. Switch on and set the LCD to the highest level, then try the throttle.

When you've done all that, let us know what happened.

ok i conect the the Halsensor (big white plug)

then i pluged the 3 phrase line's yellow, the green and the baby blue cable from the Hallsensor together.

then i pluged the break cable's to the low potential break cable plugs like in the
plan...

i conect the display cable plugs...

i conect also the power cables...

but i dont find the right plug to plug in the pedel pas sensor to the controler... there is no plugs what fits... the ony plug what fit is the plug from speed throttle...

this is all what i done...

the single turquise cable i plug in like in my video together with the small plug next to the display plug i unplug allready but it dont make any diffrents

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A question from me, where did you get your PAS sensor from ?
Did you buy it form the same vendor as the Brain power or did you buy it from a third party ?

Don't get angry and upset as you will make your job harder to sort things out.

Show us a picture of your PAS sensor's connector.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As VFR has said connectors/wires are fairly clear in this picture taken from your link.

1:1 accelerator is the pas connection, Red is 5v , Black is Gnd other colour (Blue ?) is signal.
The SM3 connector is what I call a male though it has the female pins, your PAS sensor has to have the opposite connector. The pas connector needs to be the same as the one as on the speed throttle, if the one you have is different then buy another PAS sensor with the correct connector. Do not go willy nilly connecting things up wrongly other wise you peripheral's will not work also you run the risk of shorting and blowing the controller, it may be possible that you have already done this.

Start from the beginning with nothing connected.
1. Connect the motor phases.
2. Connect the hall blocks/wires.
3. Connect the Display.
4. Connect the battery.

If all is alright the display will come on.

5. Connect the throttle and see if it works.
6. Connect a PAS sensor with correct SM3 connector and wire sequence is right, if done correctly you should get power.

brainpower.jpg

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Advertisers