LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
i done what you told me but i hear only a motor sound but dont see the tire turning i try this procedure 5 times allways the same... i hope i dont kill that controller...
Your controller is not broken. It's turning the motor. You only have to make it turn in the correct direction. Try doing the self-learning procedure several times only with the green wires connected. Each time, switch on and observe the motor direction. If it's backwards, switch off, disconnect the battery battery, then reconnect battery and try again.
Hello vfr400, question to teach the controller, the LCD speed indicator in connection with the learning process. I have a motor without Hall sensor for speed. At the wheel is a Brain Power Controller with LCD S866 the engine was taught without Hall sensor (white wire open). Speed display only on engine run. Later added an external Hall sensor, and can measure the impulses directly on the controller (white GND). But do not get an ad in idle. Only speed indicator with engine running. Everything in the panel had something to do with wheel diameter and speed. Without success.
Can it be that by learning without a sensor, the channel for the sensor is turned off? My controller is pressed into a very tight compartment and I was glad that I got all the connection cables in there. That's why I do not want to try it without a chance of success. I I have already seen a lot of questions of the same kind but unfortunately no solution.
Normally, the speed sensor and speed display work independently of all other functions. Did you set P07 =1. In the ones I tried, it was set to 50 and 100, which meant that there were not enough magnet pulses from one magnet to get a speed reading.

Reactions: Delta Pete

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
i done what you told me but i hear only a motor sound but dont see the tire turning i try this procedure 5 times allways the same... i hope i dont kill that controller...
Ok, we're moving forward. The next step is to do the self-learning procedure. Connect the two green wires to the controller and also the LCD, battery and motor connectors. Don't connect anything else.

Lift the motor wheel off the ground, then switch on the LCD and wait. After a few seconds, you should see the motor turning slowly. When it does that you can switch off and disconnect the green wires. If the motor makes a normal turning noise, but the wheel doesn’t turn or if the wheel turns backwards, disconnect the green wires and reconnect them until you get the motor turningc forward.

After that procedure, we can look at your pedal sensor. First, you must make the connection right - black to black, red to red and then the two other wires together. Next, you have to make the correct orientation of the magnet disk. There are two ways you can install it (flip). With one orientation, it will only work when you turn the pedals backwards, and in the other orientation, it will only work forwards, which is the correct way.

Can you show or tell us exactly which type of pedal sensor you have because some can only be installed on the left side of the bottom bracket, others only on the right side, and most can go on either side?

Attachments

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Your controller is not broken. It's turning the motor. You only have to make it turn in the correct direction. Try doing the self-learning procedure several times only with the green wires connected. Each time, switch on and observe the motor direction. If it's backwards, switch off, disconnect the battery battery, then reconnect battery and try again.

Normally, the speed sensor and speed display work independently of all other functions. Did you set P07 =1. In the ones I tried, it was set to 50 and 100, which meant that there were not enough magnet pulses from one magnet to get a speed reading.
ok i try

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019

P07 was set on 50 do i set this on 1? or do i test it on 100?

i dont know how many magnets are inside the pas pedal sensor, i dont have the right tool to switch of the pedal... i need to go for that to an bikesikle shop for that or i have to buy this tool for that... i allready wroten e-mail to the factory but they dont answer my mails and the onlineshop gearbest are the same they dont like give good service with technical problems... but what to do i ask the seller who sell me this controller he is also in china i explain him to help me in this issue have to wait till tommorow for this answer.

Last edited:

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019

so tried this P07 with 1, 50 and 100 all the same P13 is also a magnet setting... but i dont know yet how many magnets are inside, normaly it have to be 5, 8 or 12 magnets thats what i saw in the internet

on the pas sensor is written "L+" nothing else

with my old controlle i get power assist only the start on driving pedal thats was it...

it was not realy fun to drive the pedelec mode i hope this controller will more fun with all the levels i can use, if i get run lol

ok all what i tried it is the same

Attachments

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Check the P10 value. Set it to P10 =2. If you have P10=1, PAS does not operate.
P07 is the speed sensor calibration. It must be set to P07=1.
P13 is for the number of magnets in the PAS. You have 12 magnets, so you must set P13=12.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: BobR

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Check the P10 value. Set it to P10 =2. If you have P10=1, PAS does not operate.
P07 is the speed sensor calibration. It must be set to P07=1.
P13 is for the number of magnets in the PAS. You have 12 magnets, so you must set P13=12.
i done all that settings but nothing change

why on the display is written E 07 in the manual it says Motor failure

i tried maybe 30 times always the same, tried also with diffrent settings nothing change....

Attachments

Last edited:

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019

OK. I'll take a look again at the panel. I have 5 Magnes on the disk, that would be enough.

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
sinan, ich kann ja nochmal versuchen etwas beizutragen.
Ich konnte jetzt nicht herauslesen ob nur der Motor richtig herum dreht?
Wenn nicht... bei mir habe ich die grünen während des drehens unter Spannung getrennt und wieder verbunden. Dann hat er die Richtung gewechselt.
Zum Magneten im PAS wenn du mit dem Multimeter 20V Einstellung zwischen schwarz und blau mist, dann muss man die Pulse sehen wenn du das Pedal drehst. 1 Umdrehung Pulse=Magneten . Wenn die Spannung nicht zwischen 0V und 4,7V pendelt dann stimmt hier etwas nicht.

Reactions: martinst-68

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
sinan, ich kann ja nochmal versuchen etwas beizutragen.
Ich konnte jetzt nicht herauslesen ob nur der Motor richtig herum dreht?
Wenn nicht... bei mir habe ich die grünen während des drehens unter Spannung getrennt und wieder verbunden. Dann hat er die Richtung gewechselt.
Zum Magneten im PAS wenn du mit dem Multimeter 20V Einstellung zwischen schwarz und blau mist, dann muss man die Pulse sehen wenn du das Pedal drehst. 1 Umdrehung Pulse=Magneten . Wenn die Spannung nicht zwischen 0V und 4,7V pendelt dann stimmt hier etwas nicht.
er dreht sich nur ganz kurz und summt dann nur noch

es gibt doch nur drei möglichkeiten 5,8 oder 12 habe ich alle durchgetestet

Last edited:

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Wenn er so nicht dreht, vermute ich das die Hallsensoren im Motor oder im schlimmsten fall der Motor bei deiner Bergfahrt schaden genommen hat.
Hier ein link wie es in so einem Motor aussieht.

https://www.google.de/search?q=e+bike+hall+sensor+test&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=uGuea_ec1PgEZM%3A%2C3XbpC4mu_BtAyM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRGHHjVfFQkGcwUMr0BXb9ID9KQ1g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwif_qud0dvhAhVNJlAKHfyTDDsQ9QEwDnoECAYQDA#imgdii=FP_ANEVlhfQVWM:&imgrc=uGuea_ec1PgEZM:&vet=1

Hier ist beschrieben wie du die Hallsensoren testen kannst. Hier zu müssen die 5V am Motorstecker auch anstehen.

Wenn eine Spule einen Schluss hat kann das Drehfeld den nicht überwinden und bleibt stehen.

Aber teste erst mal die Sensoren.
Sei hier sorgfältig und mach bei der Messung keinen Kurzschluss.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Wenn er so nicht dreht, vermute ich das die Hallsensoren im Motor oder im schlimmsten fall der Motor bei deiner Bergfahrt schaden genommen hat.
Hier ein link wie es in so einem Motor aussieht.

https://www.google.de/search?q=e+bike+hall+sensor+test&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=uGuea_ec1PgEZM%3A%2C3XbpC4mu_BtAyM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRGHHjVfFQkGcwUMr0BXb9ID9KQ1g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwif_qud0dvhAhVNJlAKHfyTDDsQ9QEwDnoECAYQDA#imgdii=FP_ANEVlhfQVWM:&imgrc=uGuea_ec1PgEZM:&vet=1

Hier ist beschrieben wie du die Hallsensoren testen kannst. Hier zu müssen die 5V am Motorstecker auch anstehen.

Wenn eine Spule einen Schluss hat kann das Drehfeld den nicht überwinden und bleibt stehen.

Aber teste erst mal die Sensoren.
Sei hier sorgfältig und mach bei der Messung keinen Kurzschluss.
komisch das er im 6km/h cruise mode gut läuft und berge bin ich nicht gefahren aber ich teste den hall sensor noch mal

Last edited:

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Ja, das ist Argument. Aber seit ihr sicher das beim Schiebemodus die Hallsensoren abgefragt werden. Das soll ja bei Störungen die Heimkehr erleichten.
Bei mir hat er ohne PAS ohne Probleme gedreht. Erst rückwerts ohne Bewegung. Nach öffnen und schließen des grünen Drahtes richtig herum.
Ich meine im Lernmodus muss er drehen auch ohne alle Sensoren.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Ja, das ist Argument. Aber seit ihr sicher das beim Schiebemodus die Hallsensoren abgefragt werden. Das soll ja bei Störungen die Heimkehr erleichten.
Bei mir hat er ohne PAS ohne Probleme gedreht. Erst rückwerts ohne Bewegung. Nach öffnen und schließen des grünen Drahtes richtig herum.
Ich meine im Lernmodus muss er drehen auch ohne alle Sensoren.
ich bin mir nicht sicher, da ich a. kein elektriker bin und b mich das erste mal an so etwas herantaste... ich kann die dinge ausprobieren die ihr mir vorschlägt...

nur denke ich wenn der motor im 6kmh mode problemlos dreht warum soll der motor kaputt sein, den hallsensor hatte ich schon durchgetetstet, tue ich gern noch mal

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Also ich bin Elektrotechniker aber wir haben oft das Problem das wir nach komplizierten Fehlern suchen. Anschließend stellt sich nicht selten heraus dass es doch eher simpel war.

Zu den Hallsensoren im Motor -> Die haben die Aufgabe, Rückmeldung an den Controller das Magnetfeld der Spule ist da. Jetzt kann das nächste eingeschaltet werden und das vorhandene ausgeschaltet. So ergibt sich das Drehfeld unabhängig von der Last auf den Motor.

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Du hast geschrieben das du den Hallsensor getestet hast. Aber ich glaube du meinst den PAS (Tretsensor)

Ich meine die im Motor (3 Stk) zu erreichen über den weißen Stecker grün, gelb, blau gemessen gegen schwarz. Wie im Video zu sehen.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Ich meine natürlich alle extenen Sensoren. Die im Motor gehören ja zum Anlernprozess
Du hast geschrieben das du den Hallsensor getestet hast. Aber ich glaube du meinst den PAS (Tretsensor)

Ich meine die im Motor (3 Stk) zu erreichen über den weißen Stecker grün, gelb, blau gemessen gegen schwarz. Wie im Video zu sehen.
ne ich hatte schon den weißen wie im video getestet deb sensor den du meinst habe ich auch getestet..

Advertisers