LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
this controller is without LCD screen
Id just try the pas wires in any combination then. One of mine when hooked up "correctly" by colour doesn't work. To work on mine 1 is correct by colour and the other 2 are opposite.

huges75

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2021
Id just try the pas wires in any combination then. One of mine when hooked up "correctly" by colour doesn't work. To work on mine 1 is correct by colour and the other 2 are opposite.
I would keep the red with red at least, what do you think?

huges75

Jan 18, 2021
I honestly can't remember which of. My 3 wires is correct. All up there are only 6 combinations to try.
I did try the 6 combinations, but the wheel is not moving when pedaling.

Do you see other possibilities/trials?

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show a pic of the PAS wiring to controller PAS connector.

huges75

Jan 18, 2021
Show a pic of the PAS wiring to controller PAS connector.
In attachment the wirings --> I saw that this is the PAS controller from the dealer's pic (also attached here). You will also find a picture of the complete controller wirings and my bike PAS

Thanks for suggestions.

P.S. I tried all 6 combinations of colors with and without "cruise wiring", so in total 12 times. The green selflearning is always and still working.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looking at your PAS wire pic with the cut connectors, the wire sequence was wrong.
It should be Black/Black, Red/Red & Green/Blue.

huges75

Jan 18, 2021
Looking at your PAS wire pic with the cut connectors, the wire sequence was wrong.
It should be Black/Black, Red/Red & Green/Blue.
This was my first try, but did not work.

To be sure: I try the PAS pedaling forward for 4-5 cycles, is it correct what I do?

I also just measured with a voltmeter between red and black on controller side (without PAS) and found 4,5ish V.
Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With sequence as I listed, does the PAS activate if you turn the pedals backwards ?

huges75

Jan 18, 2021
With sequence as I listed, does the PAS activate if you turn the pedals backwards ?
No, it doesn't.

Would it be possible that the PAS is the other 3 wire connector (white, black, red)?

In attachment:
- the controller with wirings
- the PAS connection with blue, black, red wirings

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
White wire is usually a speed indication wire, so either throttle or speed sensor. In this case it is listed as throttle and the PAS is clear.
It is likely a setting however I'm not familiar at all with the setting.

FFFilip

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, I would like to ask if someone has met with this, I bought a new S 866 from aliexpress and I have such a problem in the setup menu I will only get from P1 to P16, I will not get to P20 to change the communication protocol. Before that, I had the same type, but the LCD Display broke when I fell on the e-bike. If you know how to get into the P20, I will be happy. I have an E 10 error

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From what I have read form various places E10 comms error usually means the display is faulty, it appears the s866 is hit and miss when it comes to QC.

FFFilip

Nov 17, 2020
Error E10 is that the controller does not communicate with S866 and it switches in P20, I have already done it only with this new S 866, I cannot switch to P20

Ride

Just Joined
Dec 1, 2022
Hi all,

my bike was working fine for a while, then on a commute, it decided to completely reverse direction, with the help of this forum, I managed to get the bike to now go forward. Now with cruise function setting on, the display is stuck on walk mode, (from the moment I turn the controller on) and won't stop until I turn the controller off. Any suggestion on turning the walk mode off?

(to confirm, P17 is on 1 not 0)

GETCHIPS

Just Joined
Mar 20, 2023
iowa
i have a currie 1000w 36v electro drive brush motor it only has 2 wired coming out of it the red and black wires that connect to the controller i have a s866 controller will it run my motor

Advertisers