Lithium battery rechargeable headlights with mirrors

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I wonder how sturdy they are, my zefals fold out of the way when the bike falls over. It's an expensive bit of kit to stick on the end of the bars.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I wonder how sturdy they are, my zefals fold out of the way when the bike falls over. It's an expensive bit of kit to stick on the end of the bars.
I have quite enough light on my bike now, for seeing and being seen... but I daresay with a bit of imagination, superglue+baking soda etc. the diffusers and panels from this...

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/repurpose-led-panels-from-a-crumbled-amazon-light-to-make-bike-lights.46269/

... could be made to fit onto Zefal Dooback 2...

Dazzling to look at though at 48V. They'd need angling down, and eyebrows... but they'd be good for being seen. The lights are diffuse, woudn't form a beam, therefore I imagine they'd be useless for seeing unless in total darkness/offroad. However, they can be connected to the ebike battery via a converter, instead of being powered by a cheap Chinese 18650 cell, or whatever battery those expensive easy to break lights contain.

Last edited:

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
They are just expensive bike bling for those with lots of spare cash and who are silly enough to imagine that they are worth it.

It's not clear whether the mirrors are independantly adjustable (for viewing) from the lights and there's no indication of the light output or if there are any light modes like bright/dim/flashing nor how long the lights might last on a charge - (unless I missed that in the blurb, but TBH I didn't spend too much time reading it given that I had some wet paint to watch drying)!

And of course they occupy the position where many who ride straight handlebars like to have bar ends to grip.

All in all a crap product and for 99 USD I bet you don't even get the telescope that they see you coming with.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
who thought having bright spot lights shinning from highly mobile pivoting points would be a good idea?

Ive been advised to ride defensively before but never offensively.. Seems lke a great way of annoying all the oncoming traffic, 'here let me blind you a few times before you pass me..'

Op must be having a laugh, posting a link to a 'real bargain' like this.. you could buy a mighty fine bike for the cost of a couple of plastic mirrors ha.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Buy them and make your bike unstealable. No self respecting junkie would be seen dead on a bike with weird things attached to the handlebars

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Here you go, an early xmas pressie, now tidy your shed, no excuse.View attachment 55184
Thanks Santa! If the lights I have weren't doing the job, I'd be spending that installing 3ft strip lights on my bike fore and aft believe me :D It might attract entire half dozens of views and earn infinitesimally tiny fractions of pennies as a Youtube stunt.

Last edited:

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Thanks Santa! If the lights I have weren't doing the job, I'd be spending that installing 3ft strip lights on my bike fore and aft believe me :D It might attract entire half dozens of views and earn infinitesimally tiny fractions of pennies as a Youtube stunt.
When you've done with it, can I have it back, I can't get in my sheds to take pictures!