Looking for a bike for hills

Lyrion

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2013
Hi, This is my first post so I will say hello, my name is Kall and I recently moved to Hampstead, London where there are a lot of hills.
I am looking for a quick acceleration electric bike which is good up hills. I would really like throttle too for a bit of fun. If no throttle, then a lot of torque, high quality.
This is for travel, not really for exercise so minimum effort, good speed and just fun is what I am looking for. A strong reliable bike too with long warranty.

I am 5'11" and 12 stone/168lb. Like I said, this is for fun. I am used to riding motorbikes, but there is no room where I am currently.

Bikes I have tried:
Moustache, but I did not like the Bosch motor.

Bikes I am considering:

Grace Easy
Kranium Red Label
BH Emotion Neo or similar model
I really like the Stromer ST1 with throttle and assist but I don't believe it is available in the UK.

Any other models similar to the above?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Ezee Forza Mk2 with the 25amp controller will climb better than most. Have a word with Cyclezee for which one of his bikes that would suit you. I think they can be de-restricted too if that interests you. They look pretty ugly, but they give very comfortable cycling - especially the Ezee Torq. Perfect for fast commuting.
eZee Electric Bikes - electric bikes and conversion kits
Kudos Tornado has similar performance to the Neo, but is a lot cheaper.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The Kalkhoff Pro-connect might fit the bill if you don't like crank drives and you can live without the throttle. You can read my review in the reviews section and see details at Pro Connect Commuter | Electric Bikes | 50cycles Ltd

Generally crank drives are better at really steep hills. Perhaps you could try the Impulse motor on the Kalkhoff Agattu or Sahel at the same time and see what you think.

Basically, premium quality European made bikes do not have throttles because the are not legal elsewhere in the EU.

An alternative might to to get a kit fitted to a quality standard bike of your choosing - Cyclezee could do this for you or Xipi (See ads on the forum). These would have throttles and whatever power you wanted. I'm sure you'd end up with something powerful and fun if not quite as smooth and refined as the premium e-bikes mentioned above.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Lryoin

Our Bike will do what you need How about hills no pedalling 25 MPH climbing the hill on throttle only

Silent Wing Kube

Please come and test ride one

we are open 7 days a week for demos at Banbury

Please Give me a call

Thanks Frank

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Lyrion,I have just finished stocking a new ebike shop near Kingston,London. The shop has good stocks of BH Emotion and KTM bikes,soon the latest Haibike models will be stocked. Its probably the best variety of ebikes available in London,maybe the UK-there are over 40 different stock bikes.
The shop is so new that the website is not yet finished and landline not yet in but if you PM me I can give you the contact mobile No. The Kudos Ibex,the KTM e-race P are both exceptional hillclimbers.
Good luck with your search.
KudosDave