Looking for an extra long brake cable...

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Had an ebike dealer look at my bike earlier, and I don't think anyone could have believed the length of the cable once it was removed. I suspected it was going to be a bit longer by the way it passes through the bodywork, but it looked around 2 metres visually. Needless to say the longest one in the shop was still a few feet short, and there might be problems in getting one. Any ideas where to find one that long so I can get it replaced quicker? Advised to look for dutch bike dealers but I don't know any locally!

D

Deleted member 4366

Try Wilkinsons - 99p last time I looked and they seemed to be very long.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Had an ebike dealer look at my bike earlier, and I don't think anyone could have believed the length of the cable once it was removed. I suspected it was going to be a bit longer by the way it passes through the bodywork, but it looked around 2 metres visually. Needless to say the longest one in the shop was still a few feet short, and there might be problems in getting one. Any ideas where to find one that long so I can get it replaced quicker? Advised to look for dutch bike dealers but I don't know any locally!

...or tandem dealers. St John Cycles would be able to help but they are not local. Good and helpful mail order though.

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Thank you everyone, looks like I will check with the shop on Monday and see if they've got it in yet. If not then I'll go to Wilkinsons and try my luck.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Can't help thinking it's not much of a bike shop if they don't have raw cable inner and outer to make up a custom length. I doubt the nipples are exotically different. Another lost art.