Wanted looking for mid motor bike with throttle control - 18-20" frame

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
simon123 submitted a new listing:

looking for mid motor bike with throttle control - 18-20" frame - looking for mid motor bike with throttle control - 18-20" frame

Learn more about this listing...
You haven't given us a lot to go on - budget, range, weight, terrain, etc - but this might be worth looking at to start with https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana-cd
My wife has one, often does 50 - 60 mile rides over some big hills in N Wales, but uses 2 batteries due to her lack of strength and arthritis. The build quality is not fabulous, but good value for money we think.
You can't buy a street legal throttle only bike in the UK, they have to be peddle assisted. Whoosh say this one is legal because you have to use the peddles to get it moving before the throttle will operate.

simon123

Just Joined
Dec 6, 2020
These posts always intrigue me. Why do you think you need a mid motor?
For the same reason the majority of the high end bikes are choosing to produce them as opposed to hub motors , plenty of info available on the net if you want to research .Go and try both types and see if you agree , I know I do

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
For the same reason the majority of the high end bikes are choosing to produce them as opposed to hub motors , plenty of info available on the net if you want to research .Go and try both types and see if you agree , I know I do
I've been riding, testing and repairing just about every type of ebike for ten years. I don't need to do any internet research thank you, and I don't agree that a mid motor is the best solution for riding on the road, especially if you want a throttle.

Reactions: Gaz

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

it will go 200mph+ for 20 miles yay! vrf400 has not had one of those :p