Looking for my first setup

Stumpman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2021
Hi, newbie here. I have a Saracen Kili Elite 29 mountain bike and am looking for a Tongsheng TSDZ2 48v kit but am a bit confused by all the options so was hoping someone could help advise what options are required?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
First a couple of questions how wide is the bottom bracket is yours the push fit hollow tech version ?
Will the battery fit in the frame triangle ?
After a couple of years of tsdz2 builds/ ownership always 48v and 15/18 amps , my two pence worth if you intend to ride it hard and do not wish to fiddle and replace parts etc :( pass and buy a bafang but if you persist and do not mind problems and repairs it can be a very rewarding ride

Stumpman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2021
First a couple of questions how wide is the bottom bracket is yours the push fit hollow tech version ?
Will the battery fit in the frame triangle ?
After a couple of years of tsdz2 builds/ ownership always 48v and 15/18 amps , my two pence worth if you intend to ride it hard and do not wish to fiddle and replace parts etc :( pass and buy a bafang but if you persist and do not mind problems and repairs it can be a very rewarding ride
Hi, thanks for the reply. The bottom bracket is a Shimano SM-BB90 which I believe is 73mm. I don’t ride hard just over the local common with my son and dog! From reading reviews I preferred the torque sensor setup of the Tongsheng but am open to advise on this? How do you connect up the brake lever electrics as mine are hydraulic? So if I sound a bit thick but this is all new to me.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Now have gone back to a bafang mid drive for my lazy winter ride, but when running ok loved the feel of the tsdz power delivery i never had a serious failure but others have ,its not the width of the bb but is it a push fit or screw in

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
That makes life simpler a straight forward fit ,if you want a legal 48v tsdz2 buy from woosh with uk customer support and built to his spec but with the same torque as the higher rated eu versions {beware duty high post costs and complicated return/ repairs from eu suppliers }
Brake cut outs can be purchased to fit from the vlcd 5 display to hydraulic brakes on ebay about £20.00