Help! Looking to add a throttle and unlock speed limit

D.Lord

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2022
Been searching the web for hours scratching my head trying to add a throttle to my bike and bypass the speed limit. Is the black 3 pin connector assigned for throttle? (grey, black, red) If so, why is the order of the colored wires different from the one I am looking to buy? Also curious what the other 2 connectors which are not connected are used for. (big white 4pin and 3pin purple, black, red) Any suggestions for unlocking the speed limit is also greatly appreciated. I just recently opened up my bike to access the controller for the first time.

422DD722-F022-439D-84A3-E39C95559682.jpeg
Available connectors

F7C9CB84-57CA-45D1-AF5C-2B64DA510ED5.jpeg
Controller

331B9E50-4FD8-4FE5-B9E0-B56498748EBA.jpeg
Wiring

95063A14-5A08-4A4C-9271-FEF0A7CFD79A.jpeg
Throttle I am looking to buy supposed to fit lishui controller

3C6FFE5D-C615-4AEC-AA1B-0A17FCEE4875.jpeg
Connector on throttle

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Peripheral items very rarely have the wire sequence in the right order to match controller wiring so one has to change the wire order on one of the connectors. Unless it comes as part of a kit or is made for the brand, for instance all KT stuff is sequenced correctly.
The White 4 pin is a Data/programmer port for dealers who have the Lishui software programmes.
The Black one may be a throttle connection, match colour to colour for Red 5v & Black Gnd, third colours are signal & are usually always different and see if it works.
If not try the other white connector.
Other White may be for external speed sensor if Black one is throttle.

For de-restriction if the display doesn't allow change or it makes no change if speed setting is changed then it will be set in the firmware/programming..

Last edited:

D.Lord

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2022
Peripheral items very rarely have the wire sequence in the right order to match controller wiring so one has to change the wire order on one of the connectors. Unless it comes as part of a kit or is made for the brand, for instance all KT stuff is sequenced correctly.
The White 4 pin is a Data/programmer port for dealers who have the Lishui software programmes.
The Black one may be a throttle connection, match colour to colour for Red 5v & Black Gnd, third colours are signal & are usually always different and see if it works.
If not try the other white connector.
Other White may be for external speed sensor if Black one is throttle.

For de-restriction if the display doesn't allow change or it makes no change if speed setting is changed then it will be set in the firmware/programming..
Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell most throttle connectors are standardized with red green and black wires with very few exceptions. Is there a way to test the connections with a multimeter to know for sure before ordering?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell most throttle connectors are standardized with red green and black wires with very few exceptions. Is there a way to test the connections with a multimeter to know for sure before ordering?
Agree, most throttles are wired red/black/green, but the controller wiring can be any colour the manufacturer chooses. You can measure for 5v between red and black wires on those 2 connectors, but that does not mean either are suitable for a throttle, just that they are wired into the 5v rail in the controller. As your controller has throttle voltage printed on it, you may be lucky, but function could be disabled in the software. Any throttle will work if controller allows, no need for it to be Lishsui specific.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You are wrong with your assumptions there are no std wiring for throttles regarding the signal wire, it can be any colour the producer wishes to use mine is Blue but the colour matters not. What is important is one knows the Gnd & 5v colour which tend to be Red or sometimes Brown and Black or Yellow if Black is omitted respectively.
Once these two re cyphered correctly then wiring any three wire peripheral is quite simple.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Connect the throttle up correctly and see if it works, no harm will be done if it doesn't work.

Advertisers