Wanted Looking to buy faulty Hub motor - tell me what you got

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
I am looking for some faulty hub motors to A: see if i can repair them and B; try and build some Verticle Axis Wind Turbines from them.

Let me know what you have and what the initial fault was.... IE: juddering - Np power

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I am looking for some faulty hub motors to A: see if i can repair them and B; try and build some Verticle Axis Wind Turbines from them.

Let me know what you have and what the initial fault was.... IE: juddering - Np power
I know that the user 'cwah' had a collection of faulty motors that he wanted to get rid of a short while back, so you might want to get in touch with him.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I have a 350W dillenger front hub, rim is still in good condition and so are the spokes, the axel threads are damaged on one side but they still take the original nut and might be fixable with the right tools, the nuts are worn too but still usable but if you fix the threads you could buy motor bike replacement nuts, the allen key bolt holes for the outer motor plate are shot so water proofing has gone whether on not you could find a work around for this, I used cable ties to hold in place and thought about rivets if I could get it working again - I had to rejoin a power wire internally and replaced the hall sensors when it first died after 2000 miles but I only replaced the 2 outer sensors and it worked again for 2000 miles I then changed all 3 sensors and it did not work after that whether or not the middle sensor was a speed sensor I haven't a clue, You can have it for what ever shipping it would cost to send it to you, if that's any good for you.
There maybe other bits I have forgot to mention but I am sure that's all the problems with it, I have been fixing it since 2017 and purchased it in 2016. 36V 350w julet connectors KT system

I am only parting with the motor if you want the original LCD (still works slight water exposure) I can throw that in with a few cables, I have a 1to4 cable but its for the WUXing brakes and sensors I can throw the brakes in too, there's no controller but I do have a near new YOSE julet 250w 36v that will work and a YOSE PAS never used so there's a mashup full kit call it motor postage + £35 ono - if you don't need or want it no worries I will part with just the motor and if you get it working the kit parts will still be with me I am sure.

It was a dam good motor when it worked

This was the first repair and my first youtube vid...

please click MOTOR

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Dyson

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
I have a 350W dillenger front hub, rim is still in good condition and so are the spokes, the axel threads are damaged on one side but they still take the original nut and might be fixable with the right tools, the nuts are worn too but still usable but if you fix the threads you could buy motor bike replacement nuts, the allen key bolt holes for the outer motor plate are shot so water proofing has gone whether on not you could find a work around for this, I used cable ties to hold in place and thought about rivets if I could get it working again - I had to rejoin a power wire internally and replaced the hall sensors when it first died after 2000 miles but I only replaced the 2 outer sensors and it worked again for 2000 miles I then changed all 3 sensors and it did not work after that whether or not the middle sensor was a speed sensor I haven't a clue, You can have it for what ever shipping it would cost to send it to you, if that's any good for you.
There maybe other bits I have forgot to mention but I am sure that's all the problems with it, I have been fixing it since 2017 and purchased it in 2016. 36V 350w julet connectors KT system

I am only parting with the motor if you want the original LCD (still works slight water exposure) I can throw that in with a few cables, I have a 1to4 cable but its for the WUXing brakes and sensors I can throw the brakes in too, there's no controller but I do have a near new YOSE julet 250w 36v that will work and a YOSE PAS never used so there's a mashup full kit call it motor postage + £35 ono - if you don't need or want it no worries I will part with just the motor and if you get it working the kit parts will still be with me I am sure.

It was a dam good motor when it worked

This was the first repair and my first youtube vid...

please click MOTOR
Did you £35 for the lot

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I will have a look how much will it cost to post a front hub 26" wheel and get back to you - I estimate it will cost around £25.00 to post just the wheel so I was looking for a bit more for the extra's, the controller is 3 months old slight usage, the PAS, 3 months never used so that alone is worth £35 to me in spares. leave it with me, I weight the motor see if I can post via Hermies or parcelmonkey and get a better costing.

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
I will have a look how much will it cost to post a front hub 26" wheel and get back to you - I estimate it will cost around £25.00 to post just the wheel so I was looking for a bit more for the extra's, the controller is 3 months old slight usage, the PAS, 3 months never used so that alone is worth £35 to me in spares. leave it with me, I weight the motor see if I can post via Hermies or parcelmonkey and get a better costing.
no worries, just let me know the full cost of what you are wanting for the lot

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
This is a quick price check, i will look in more detail tomorrow but it's not looking too good... The length and width of the box is 120cm by 120cm with a height of 25cm - "total combined length and circumference" (hermes) equation is Add the measurements of the two smallest dimensions together, multiply the answer by two. = 290cm slightly out the 245cm limit - parcel monkey and parcel hero are quoting £36.00 incl VAT via Parcel force - I have never sent a large parcel before any ideas?

Reactions: atheo

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Found the smaller box - bear with

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
with reference to

I have a box of 60cm x 60cm with a height of 25cm according to the above 60+25=85 x2 =170 girth +60 = 230cm total volume so just with in the 245cm limit.

Now I believe I would have to drop this off at the nearest Hermes parcel shop about 2 mile away...

A ruff estimate on a 15kg weight (best to be safe on weight) with insurance and "signed for" is a little over £10.00.

So I could do the motor with fixings only @ £11.00 or the added extras, including a KT LCD(2016) a unused 1to4 cable, L & R brake levers with sensors used, a used for "two weeks" 250w contoller 36v 15a and the battery to controller cable... I will have to make sure I can find all the parts first, I have work tomorrow so it'll be the weekend before I get round to sorting all out...

I would be open to £40.00 that'll pay for the controller I just purchased and I would be willing to do £20 up front and £20 on delivery - paypal only...

If this is good for you then we can proceed if not no worries, no harm no foul.

Reactions: Steve Dyson

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
I have a Keyde 250w 200 rpm rear hub motor. Worked for a few seconds and then stopped. Couldn't be assed sending it back and bought a bafang Q100c instead. Been lying in my garage ever since. If it's of any interest, I'm open to any reasonable offer.

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
I have a Keyde 250w 200 rpm rear hub motor. Worked for a few seconds and then stopped. Couldn't be assed sending it back and bought a bafang Q100c instead. Been lying in my garage ever since. If it's of any interest, I'm open to any reasonable offer.
Defo interested in it, not sure anything about it or what its value is so will have to take a look and get back with what i think, unless you have an idea

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Couldn't be assed sending it back
Most companies now would actually try and solve the problem via email and video evidence if still in warranty and in most cases not require the faulty product back, my YOSE rear hub was faulty and I was sent two motors from China to replace the faulty part, I just had a faulty e-cig from China after a quick video they have agreed to send a replacement free of charge and do not require the faulty product back.

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
Defo interested in it, not sure anything about it or what its value is so will have to take a look and get back with what i think, unless you have an idea
Just thinking about carriage, what part of the country are you in ?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
thinking about carriage
I am sending a full wheel and motor out soon I will post my experience on here when I am done, the research so far is at the top of this thread.

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
Nice one mate, i am in Stacksteads, i travel down whitworth road every morning to work, busy rebuilding battery today and adding some capacity, will come over once its done and fully charged.

Inbox me your address and i will message you when i am sorted