Looking to purchase an Ebike through finance or Cycle to work scheme.

Teal3

Just Joined
Dec 7, 2022
Hi guys, new to the forum, glad to join.

On to the topic, I am looking to purchase my first ever Ebike, not looking for anything major, just simple folding Ebike to get me through my 5 day a week 8 mile work journey, 4 miles each way.

Now unfortunately, I am unable to purchase one outright, while my job and income are stable it's still not enough to buy one outright, so I was looking to finance one, currently I have been looking at Fiido D4S and Ado A20 which to my understanding are a simple mass produced Chinese bikes which seem reliable judging by the reviews, unfortunately here in UK it seems hard to find any third party retailers offering financing options for these. My employer also offers a cycle to work schheme thorough Halfords however it's only up to £1000 and Halfords doesn't seem to have anything that picks my interest as I require portability from the bike.

I was just wondering if you guys might know of any online retailers possiblity offering financing options on these or if there are any better options available for me.

Cheers!

Reactions: isohaibmalik

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Vive sold Fiido and offered cycle to work schemes, but they've just ceased trading. There's Bicycleland who sell Fiido and ADO among other brands and offer Klarna/Paypal/Zip staged payments, but not CTW schemes AFAIK.

The trouble with CTW schemes is they cost the retailer money, and there's very little margin to play with at the price level you're looking at.

The D4S is a good bike for the money; ADO not so much IMHO.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Move to Scotland, get a £3000 interest free loan...

energysavingtrust.org.uk/grants-and-loans/ebike-loan/

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

On to the topic, I am looking to purchase my first ever Ebike, not looking for anything major, just simple folding Ebike to get me through my 5 day a week 8 mile work journey, 4 miles each way.

Now unfortunately, I am unable to purchase one outright, while my job and income are stable it's still not enough to buy one outright, so I was looking to finance one, currently I have been looking at Fiido D4S and Ado A20 which to my understanding are a simple mass produced Chinese bikes which seem reliable judging by the reviews, unfortunately here in UK it seems hard to find any third party retailers offering financing options for these. My employer also offers a cycle to work schheme thorough Halfords however it's only up to £1000 and Halfords doesn't seem to have anything that picks my interest as I require portability from the bike.

I was just wondering if you guys might know of any online retailers possiblity offering financing options on these or if there are any better options available for me.

Cheers!
we take Halfords vouchers. Please email support@wooshbikes.co.uk or visit https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?cycletowork
The process is fairly straightforward. You choose a bike like the Woosh Camino then let us know. I email you a quotation. You apply for the voucher. When the voucher arrives, you let me know, I arrange delivery of your bike. The whole process takes about 1 week from start to delivery.
For 4 miles each way, the Woosh Faro would suit.

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Have a look at the Rad bikes as well, the rad runner folder is currently £895 and does the cycle to work scheme

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
For 4 miles each way, the Woosh Faro would suit.
I think they missed the 'folding' in you original post. Look at
It's just above your £1000; I don't know if you can just top up the difference. You'll get much better support from Woosh than you are likely to get a Halfords, or buying a Fido, and very good value.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you. I should go get my eyes tested at specsavers!
@Teal3, you can top up.

Teal3

Just Joined
Dec 7, 2022
Thank you for the replies guys, appreciate it.

@Woosh I heard only good things about you guys, thank you for information, Rambletta looks fantastic.

I'll make my decision soon.

Reactions: Woosh and Nealh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If you need more range, ask for 12AH battery.

Reactions: Teal3

isohaibmalik

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 7, 2022

Cheers!
Try Himiway E-bike.