Lover of ELectric Bikes, looking for a new bike, robust and affordable

Mullelectricbikes

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2013
Hello all, have been looking through some of the posts, and wanting to get some advice. I have a freego electric bike which I love and does me well (I use it to tow my 2 girls in their trailer). My husband is a new convert to electric bikes, and I want to get him one for Christmas, he is very fit, but wants something with a bit of power so we can do longer trips and take the girls in the trailer too, he also likes off roading and being a bit rough with his bike (I haven't let him take my bike other than on the road) any advice? I would like to get him a crank powered one, or at least try this out as i'm interested to see the difference this makes to the power. I have a limited budget too - oh and we live on a Scottish island so ideally need a company that will deliver!
I'm heading to Glasgow next week and will go and look at the bikes in Kinetic, but these are all well out of our price range, anyone else have any other suggestions?
Look forward to hearing from you :)

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The cheapest crank drive bikes are from Woosh and Kudos, both of whom advertise on this site and are active participants.

For serious off-road crank drive bikes, Haibike are probably the best regarded with KTM also proving popular. However, these bikes are expensive - over £2k.