LSW1466 Controller

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the caps out inside, they should be 63v rated.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Thanks Neal, but what are caps?
Any chance of showing me what you mean please then i know what to look for.
Thanks.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Caps are capacitors. One likely style below, but look on Google images for many variations on how they might look. You'll need to open up the controller to see them.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Thank you SJPT.
Should i assume its ok to use a 52v battery as the controller is sealed in a grey putty like material prob to make it waterproof. I dont really want to start digging into it incase i catch a wire etc?.
I have looked on the LSW website and emailed them several times but to no avail.
Do you know of anywhere i can look to see the internals for the Caps?.
Thanks.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The caps they use could easily vary from batch to batch of the same controller, depending on what happened to be available/cheap. There should be tolerance above the rated voltage in the caps they use, and probably tolerance on the rating of the caps themselves, so you should be ok, but ...? The fully charged voltage for a nominal 48v battery will be around 55v, and for a 52v battery around 58v; they will have allowed for that in capacitor choice. You'd be pretty unlucky if the extra 3 or 4 volts caused the capacitor to fail, again but ...?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All the 48v I have seen have 63v caps so one should be ok with a 52v max charge of 58.8v, all the other components will also be matched for 48v with a decent bit of headroom.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The only thing to watch out for is lvc, the display/controller won't recognise you are using 14s and will base lvc on 48v so be aware of what your 52v lvc is and ignore the display reading if it is only battery bars. If the display uses a live voltage readout then go by the voltage for lvc of approx. 45v for 3.2v or 46v for 3.3v for a 52v battery.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
The caps they use could easily vary from batch to batch of the same controller, depending on what happened to be available/cheap. There should be tolerance above the rated voltage in the caps they use, and probably tolerance on the rating of the caps themselves, so you should be ok, but ...? The fully charged voltage for a nominal 48v battery will be around 55v, and for a 52v battery around 58v; they will have allowed for that in capacitor choice. You'd be pretty unlucky if the extra 3 or 4 volts caused the capacitor to fail, again but ...?
Thank you spjt

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
The only thing to watch out for is lvc, the display/controller won't recognise you are using 14s and will base lvc on 48v so be aware of what your 52v lvc is and ignore the display reading if it is only battery bars. If the display uses a live voltage readout then go by the voltage for lvc of approx. 45v for 3.2v or 46v for 3.3v for a 52v battery.
Thank you Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If one has no voltage reading then it is best to buy a cheap dc volt meter up to 100v dc and wire it direct to the controller power wires and place the small display where it can be seen.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
#14 spam post .

Reactions: HelenJ

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Another benefit of hiring a dedicated software development team https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-build-a-social-network-website-from-scratch is that the team can focus on a specific client's project. The vendor will be responsible for employee recruitment, employee retention, office space, IT infrastructure, and HR support. This model also offers high flexibility. If you're an enterprise, you can choose a software development company with a global presence. It will not only offer a customized solution, but it can also adapt to new requirements and help you develop better products.
I am convinced that if I had a dedicated software development team, my daily 3.8km commute would be so much easier. I could get them to open the gates for me.

donalexinder24

Just Joined
Jan 18, 2022
hi

Capacitors are what they're called. One such style is seen below, although Google pictures has a plethora of possibilities. To see them, you'll need to open up the controller.