M25 cyclist

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Terminally stupid. Then he blamed his GPS, he should have been beaten about the head with his bike pump.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Good ol' satnav.

Reading that he was wearing a black jacket - There seems to be a lot of roadies wearing black or dark grey tops on our local roads lately:
I damn nearly hit one a couple of days ago - The sun was shining off a wet road & this clown popped in to view from the shade of a high hedge just as I was turning right; both of us went for the brakes & all was well, but it was close.

I asked a couple of keen riders if black was fashionable at the mo, but they said not & reckoned that no club rider would dream of wearing dark gear, around here anyway.

One of 'em's going to run out of luck someday soon & guess who'll be crucified for not seeing him/her.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Good ol' satnav.

Reading that he was wearing a black jacket - There seems to be a lot of roadies wearing black or dark grey tops on our local roads lately:
I damn nearly hit one a couple of days ago - The sun was shining off a wet road & this clown popped in to view from the shade of a high hedge just as I was turning right; both of us went for the brakes & all was well, but it was close.

I asked a couple of keen riders if black was fashionable at the mo, but they said not & reckoned that no club rider would dream of wearing dark gear, around here anyway.

One of 'em's going to run out of luck someday soon & guess who'll be crucified for not seeing him/her.
Not exactly sure where you heard that from, lots of shops are selling lots of black, some stuff is really hard not to buy in black(arm/leg warmers ect). Roadie uniform is pretty much black/red/white in that order. Not to mention if people are copying team colours then the past 2 tour de frances went to team sky who wear black.

I'm turning into a roadie more and more each day but currently have some yellow and blue jerseys but most of the other stuff is black. Seems good value to buy the unwanted colours and match them somehow.

I went for the non high vis one but kinda well made, as good as the decathlon one I got and the large sizes up the same as a decathlon large.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenn-Outdoors-Coolflo-Sleeve-Cycling-Jersey/dp/B000QDD6D4/ref=sr_1_16?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1392171647&sr=1-16&keywords=Tenn-Outdoors
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenn-Outdoors-Coolflo-Breathable-Sleeve-Cycling/dp/B0052DG9O6/ref=sr_1_16?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1393381277&sr=1-16&keywords=Tenn-Outdoors

The satnav thing made me laugh, either planned to blame the satnav before he left or darwin award material that couldn't manage to get himself killed on just an A road.

Peter56

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 30, 2013
Yet again we have another yokel who let one of the latest directional gadgets overrule common sense ! He Must have the IQ of a pork pie...

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Hah, while I was waiting at the top of a sliproad off the A303, having just come off the dual-carriageway, an elderly gentleman turned his Montego hard left into the unoccupied lane of the one-way exit sliproad and carried on down to the 303, in face of anything coming along. I distinctly recall the look of mild concern on his passenger's face - I do hope they survived.

Advertisers