magicmary cracking up

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Must be another tyre you can use, if not a MM.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the thing is i know what grip to expect from a mm where as if i change tyre brand i wont know how far i can push it grip wise so will get another mm sg tyre with the voucher. ;)

DSC_0189_05.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek:, that should do the trick for refund voucher.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i got hold of effetto mariposa who make the sealant i used and said it was normal for it to do that but should clean it out once a year.

they said to use this as wont turn to a solid but its not as good and you need to use more and takes longer to seal the holes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Use the green OKO stuff the agri world uses for TL, it is said to last the life of the tyre and never sets.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On ebay they have several products.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
guess it is all the same stuff tbh just some seal the holes faster than others but i only use 60mm every 3 months so 1l last me at least 2 years and is £19.99

with the standard non sg mary i can feel the difference waight wise and uses less batt over the same distance and up 8% with that 1kg removed +177g of latex.

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I saw this Trace Velo short about tubeless Schwalbe tyres for his gravel bike build and they were leaking badly from the sidewalls despite being sold as tubeless compatible. Comments to the video shows some people have the same tyres without issues and some just allow the sealant to bed in the gaps over time to sort the problem. Some never sort the problem and have to change brands. Seems very inconsistent quality to me. Difficult to judge fairly without comparing to similar products from other brands I suppose. I'm sort of feeling at best Schwalbe are mid-level quality typically. The only tyres I remember having really poor life from were some Schwalbe Marathon City Jets which I think from memory were 26"x1.5" and the sidewalls on both tyres perished quickly. I am a heavy rider but the sidewalls were particularly thin and had little strength to them and cracked fairly quickly I ran them until they looked really dodgy but had to replace them despite having loads of tread left purely because the sidewalls were so perished. I replaced them with some Kenda's which admittedly were twice as heavy and half the price and had no issues. The Kenda's I think were 26"x1.95 so a larger volume tyre and definitely a lot more comfortable too and with surprisingly faster braking times that were a night and day difference which I guess was the larger contact area. The city jets were more likely to skid on loose surfaces if I braked aggressively so I was always feathering the brake lever so not to brake too hard which meant longer stopping distances I stopped doing that with the Kenda's.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
how well it seals the tyre on the rim depends on the sealant used but some tyres and rims can be a pita to seal up and takes more sealant.

the sg tyres are so tight and seal straight up as so tight on the rim but a standard tyre is so loose i need 250 psi to blow it on to the rim and then add a bit more sealant and it seals up and stops leaking.

i have never had a tyre not seal up to the point i could not use it and where a air blast pump comes in handy.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Hello

Thank you for your response.
To best resolve this issue, I have processed a refund in gift vouchers to the value of £36.49 as requested.
The code(s) for these gift vouchers will be emailed to you in the next three working days. Please remember to check your junk/spam folders for the voucher codes.
This voucher is valid for 12 months and can be used on any item, except gift vouchers and events. For more information on how to redeem your voucher, please visit our website here.
There is no need to return your item, please dispose of it appropriately.
If there is anything further I can help out with, please let me know.
We would really appreciate your feedback by clicking on one of the options below. Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted from us during your interaction?

:p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i got the gift vouchers and have 6 of them :rolleyes:

3 for £10 each
1 for £5
and 2 for £1

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0196_03.JPG
:p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that tyre was not in stock for 1 day at that price lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0197_02.JPG

• E-25 (26x2.35", 26x2.6" and 27.5x2.6" size options): Tyres with the recommendation "E-25" are the perfect choice for all pedelecs with pedal assistance up to 25 kph. The most important criterion for this recommendation: security
  • E-50 (27.5x2.4" and 29x2.4" size options): E-Bike tyres with European ECE-R75 approval. Schwalbe's recommendation for fast E-Bikes - S-Pedelecs with type approval, insurance and motor assist over 25 kph – for which a special tyre approval is necessary

nikortega578

Just Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Im not sure i agree with that :confused: Crackings usually down direct sunlight. Breaks down the rubber. A new tyre is flexible and supple. I wouldn't have thought its ability to move more would lead to it cracking.

get-mobdro.com

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i keep my bike inside but went from no cracks to all over the tyre in a matter of weeks so must have been a bad rubber mix otherwise they would have never given me a refund, did not expect one tbh.

Related Articles

Advertisers