Me, myself and I.

Tubbs

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2024
Over 60's got back out on two wheels after long problem with weight and type 2, But have a back injury so got an Carrera IM-3 great bike and with the 1 setting at 10 % i can get about 60 miles out of one charge. Not that i have gone that far mainly do 30 mile weekend river or canal treks.
Bike is ok, battery and charger all good but some bearing noise from back wheel. Had the bike about 30 months so forget warranty. Don't really want to scrap it as it still works ok just a bearing noise. Its not the plant cogs or teeth they are fine-ish as had them out and re-greased. I think its the axel though bolt bearings.
I typed in google nad this site popped up so maybe someone has an exploded view of the rear wheel i can look into. Looking forward to reply and more chats

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi and welcome.
Can you post some photos of the motor, including any markings on it?
Can you describe the sound, does it happen all the time (ie when freewheeling) or just under power?

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Unfortunately the generic sticker doesn't help.
There's some letters and numbers on the brake disc side of the motor. Can you see what they are? This should identify the motor so those more experienced than me can tell how to strip it down.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Numbers and markings won't help much with any bearing issues.

Typically if it is a bearing making a noise or failing then it is the LHS one , to isolate any noise then one has to remove the wheel and all it's fittings to leave but a bare hub in a rim. Then one may be able to feel any roughness whilst rotating the axle.
If a hub bearing then one has to remove the inner core to access the end load bearing. There are also other central bearig on the drive but thses should be ok .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It looks like a hidden fine thread face plate, one has to unscrew the face plate from the RHS using a special tool or one can easily make up a leverage tool to open the hub.
We do though need to see a better clearer side pic (RHS) of the hub with the wheel removed.